Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements

Where RPG fans can share ideas and work together to create the sourcebooks that the companies never will.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Abyss Guide now has a 4-page Character Sheet, and 6 pages of add-ons!

After a temporary hiatus, the Grey Jackal is back in action!

Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Empty
PostSubject: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Dark Paths of Enlightenment

The Path of Night
(V20, p. 332)

Nickname/Sobriquet: Nihilists
Bearing: Darkness; Nihilists give off an air of inner darkness that cause others in their presence to dwell on their own darkest fears and desires. The Bearing Modifier affects the Nihilist's attempts to bring out the inner darkness in others, from corrupting the pure to eliciting the dirty secrets of others.

The Hot Path of Night
Nickname: “Hot” Nihilists
Virtues: Conviction & Instinct
Basic Beliefs: Nihilists accept their damnation wholly, and in fact, believe that, as undead vampires, it is their role to be instruments of damnation, pain and misery—such is the life of a Nihilist, and it is their natural calling to spread such feelings to the world around them. Many younger kindred of the clan Lasombra adhere to this Path of Enlightenment, eagerly sharing their monstrousness with others.
Inspired heavily by Catholic teachings, though concerning itself with ideas of abandonment and damnation rather than salvation, it teaches that, as an agent of evil, a vampire serves the purposes of both side of the natural order. This is first accomplished by spreading the will of evil throughout the world, and secondly by being the darkness that the “light of goodness” can shine against. None are without fault, and followers of this path embrace that fact, believing others who fail to realize their full potential to be worth nothing more than the terror that can be instilled in them.
One of the more wicked Paths of Enlightenment, as it deals with actively and purposely antagonizing and being hostile toward others, Nihilists are much more than simple bullies and sadists. They believe it is their destiny to wreak havoc upon the Children of Seth, and by giving themselves up to this inevitably, they can transcend such material roles and find a higher level of ultimate peace—at least for themselves.

Ethics of the Hot Night
Leave no being untouched by your taint.
Tempt and horrify those around you; the weak will fall, while the strong will be tempered by your testing of them.
Inspire others to accept their inner darkness.
Death is a means, not an end.
Kindred, as souls damned by God, fulfill their purpose by preying upon mortals.

History
Few, if any, have certifiably chronicled the Path of Night's inception and development, though reasonably reliable accounts attribute it to the Lasombra Antediluvian's childer. On the other hand, those less-informed try to draw connections between various other sources, such as medieval death cults, satanic cabals, Adam's first wife Lilith and her brood, and debased methuselahs. Regardless of its source, this Path serves to sum up the Lasombra Clan Progenitor rather completely: domination, mastery of darkness and transcendence of fleshly limitations.
Dating far back to the times of nearly-forgotten antiquity, this Path's ancient legacy gives it a certain organic flexibility that other Paths of Enlightenment lack. No other Path has existed quite as long, and none have been explored completely, explaining how the Path of Night could have been developed into the various, related forms it exists in today, like different branches of the same original philosophy.
Just as the differences between other Paths and the Path of Night are based on philosophical grounds that lead to differing lifestyles, so, too, are each of the various Paths of Night different enough that adopting one and attempting to change to another requires the same amount of mental energy and dedication that it would take to switch to any other way of thinking.

Description of Followers

Initiation:
Organization:
Paths:

Following the Path

Common Abilities:
Preferred Disciplines:
Roleplaying Tips:

Hot Path of Night
Hierarchy of Sins

Rating Moral Guideline Rationale
10 Killing a mortal for food Dead mortals fear no dread.
9 Acting in the interests of another There is no time to fulfill petty agendas.
8 Failing to be innovative in one's depredations Familiarity breeds contempt, and may fail to shock.
7 Asking aide of another The inability to provide for oneself leaves one weak.
6 Accidental killing God has made kindred horrors, not murderers.
5 Bowing to another kindred's will The Jyhad is but a diversion from the Damned's purpose.
4 Intentional or impassioned killing Death serves no one; it merely deprives one of a victim.
3 Aiding another Compassion has no place in an undead heart.
2 Accepting another's claim to superiority All kindred are equal under God's plan.
1 Repenting one's behavior A kindred's purpose is to cause repentance, not practice it.[/spoiler]

Alternate Paths of Night

The Allied Path of Night:
Allied Path of Night
Hierarchy of Sins

9 Acting against the interests of the Lasombra Clan All Lasombra become one in the Abyss; the individual only
matters until that grand dissolution.
8 Failing to be innovative in one's depredations Familiarity breeds contempt, and may fail to shock.
7 Asking aide of a non-Lasombra Accepting assistance from other leaves the Clan weak.
6 Accidental killing God has made kindred horrors, not murderers.
5 Bowing to a non-Lasombra's will The Jyhad is but a diversion from the Clan's purpose.
4 Intentional or impassioned killing Death serves no one; it merely deprives one of a victim.
3 Aiding a non-Lasombra Compassion has no place in the evolution of the Clan
Lasombra's power.
2 Accepting a non-Lasombra's claim to superiority Only Lasombra are equal in the Abyss.
1 Repenting one's behavior A kindred's purpose is to cause repentance, not practice it.

The Cold Path of Night:
Cold Path of Night
Hierarchy of Sins

9 Acting in the interests of another There is no time to fulfill petty agendas.
6 Accidental killing Make no accidents; thoughtfully premeditate every action.
5 Bowing to another kindred's will The Jyhad is but a diversion from the Damned's purpose.
4 Intentional or impassioned killing Death distracts; kill and eat as you would scratch and blink.
2 Accepting another's claim to superiority All kindred are equal under God's plan.
1 Repenting one's behavior A kindred's purpose is to cause repentance, not practice it.

The Lightless Path of Night:
Lightless Path of Night
Hierarchy of Sins

10 Relying on sight Light and vision are a crutch that breeds weakness.
9 Allowing light to touch oneself Darkness is the quintessential condition of the Lasombra.
8 Committing one's depredations in the light Only in darkness is true wickedness truly natural.
6 Accidental killing in the light God has made kindred terrors of the night, not of the day.
4 Intentional or impassioned killing in the light Death should come with darkness or else it is unnatural.

The Righteous Path of Night:
Righteous Path of Night
Hierarchy of Sins

9 Acting against the interests of a true believer All kindred who truly believe in their divine purpose
deserve respect.
8 Failing to instill fear and repentance with one's Failure to turn other's back to God's will is failure to be a
depredations vampire.
7 Asking aide of the unfaithful The strong turn the faithless to purpose; only the weak
need depend on them.
6 Accidental killing God has made kindred vessels of his wrath, not murderers.
5 Bowing to a non-believer's will The Jyhad is but a diversion from God's purpose.
4 Intentional or impassioned killing Death deprives victims the opportunity to repent.
3 Aiding a non-faithful Cainite The faithless are to be made faithful, not reward them for
their errors.
2 Accepting a non-believer's claim to superiority Only faithful kindred are equal under God's plan.

The Road of the Abyss (Via Abyssi)
(Player's Guide to the High Clans, p. 176, Dark Age Storyteller's Companion, p. 24)

The Abyss is not just darkness and shadows, it is the lack of the light of Creation, it is a force that transcends—and ultimately opposes—all light and life. Kindred dedicating an immortal unlife to the study and philosophy of such a power eventually come to realize that they have little room in their dead hearts for normal mortal concerns such as right or wrong. Few Abyss Mystics adhere to any human-like morality, and many, apparently, eventually find themselves gravitating toward toward this loosely defined Road/Path of Enlightenment.
There are unnerving parallels between this path

Nickname/Sobriquet: Shadowed
Virtues: Conviction & Self-Control
Bearing/Aura: Darkness; the Shadowed give off an air of inner darkness that cause others in their presence to dwell on their own darkest fears and desires. The Bearing Modifier affects any of the Nihilist's blind actions, such as actions with the inability to see, or affecting targets not within eyesight. The Bearing also directly affects all evocations of Obtenebrous power (including Abyssal rituals).
Basic Beliefs:

Ethics of the Abyss
Approach your studies with wisdom and calm—never let passion be your guide.
Take every opportunity for learning.
Never fear darkness or the Abyss; it is a natural part of existence.
Do not lose sight of the mystery that is the Abyss; this eclipses all earthly matters.
Never needlessly sacrifice yourself; your endeavors are far too important to waste.

History

Description of Followers

Initiation:
Organization:
Paths:

Following the Path

Common Abilities:
Preferred Disciplines:
Roleplaying Tips:

Road of the Abyss
Hierarchy of Sins

10 Needlessly preventing darkness. All light must fade, eventually.
9 Refusing to Feed when hungry. Distraction hinders one's learning.
8 Failing to study darkness/the Abyss when able. Pursuit of knowledge is your sole purpose.
7 Refusing to pursue experiments. Knowledge is more important than any single life.
6 Succumbing to a Frenzy. The Beast must not rule, it must be ruled.
5 Allowing emotion to sway one's decisions. Wisdom and rationality are the basis of all
scientific understanding.
4 Refusing to share insight with others on your Road. Only together can we hope to unravel the greatest
of mysteries.
3 Showing fear of or aversion to darkness/the Abyss. Darkness is primordial, even light naturally
succumbs to it.
2 Risking your existence unnecessarily. Death prevents one from learning.
1 Giving loyalty to any outside your own Clan and Road. Your first duties are to faith and lineage.
Back to top Go down
http://gattison13.deviantart.com/
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:33 pm

This is all I got so far, and I'm at a mental roadblock for some reason at this point. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:21 pm

I have a bunch to add to that:

I don't see mentioned the Road of Night cf. D.A. revised Storytellers Companion p.27
It's quite close to the Righteous Path of Night
beside all path information the major interest of this is to underline the opposition between the "redeemer" as they call themselves) and the corrupteurs (aka the Setites and others supernatural tempting humans)

In the Road of Night they also mention a minor path: The path of Heavenly Abode
It gives a nice evil twist to the Road of Night:
In order to redeem human, the follower of the Road of Night should make him so scared (through the use of the devil's stereotype & god's rightful wrath) that he will search to atone for his wrongful deeds.
But followers of this road take things a bit further: They kill the humans as soon as they are redeemed inorder to prevent new sins. That is supposed to allow the soul to go straight to Heaven...

Btw I start to see something converging between Oblivion, the Abyss and the Lasombra
I'll post it when it will be more clear to me
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Oh yeah! Ha, I forgot to put the things concerning Morality that you had said earlier, woops, sorry.

I just started classes yesterday, so I'll need a bit more time before I can really get back in the swing of things, but I'll double-check the Guide and post the rest soon. And thanks for your help, too, btw.
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: The Roads leading to the creation of the path of Night   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Hi everyone, it's been a while...
Actually I'm really sorry for that. Mea Culpa

As I promised Gattison here's my attempt to organize the paths of enlightenment and propose an interesting history of their creation.

I took some of gattison's original work and mixed it in my description.
That's still a work in progress, I might not have finish all the path.
I hope you'll like it, feel free to take it, cut it and edit it.
Let me know if you want me to keep working on this as it is, or if this should be changed. Also feel free to enhance any paragraph.

Even if everything is taken from facts of the Lasombra history I still had to make some assumption:
_The fact the angelis ater survive the inquisition thanks to their infiltration of the order of Leopold is canon... But that gave me the idea that after the inquisition they were in sufficient numbers to influence the politic of the clan in Spain (and maybe France and Italy) into the adoption of the Righteous path of Night and then of the other modern Path of Night.
_I also had the idea that the different paths of Night are a perversion of the original teaching of the Road of Night. Those modern paths were created to ensure that the clan as a whole would works on the same purpose according to each one's own personality. In that sense that makes the modern paths a tool for whomever designed according to its purpose. My bet is that: bringing hell on earth can only be a purpose for the angelis ater. According to historical clues spread in different WW book this hypothesis seem quite possible.

Let me know how you feel with the paths I took Evil or Very Mad

Religious Paths of Enlightenment wrote:

The Road of Night / Via Noctis:

The Path of Heavenly Abode:

The Path of the Righteous Night:

Dark Paths of Enlightenment wrote:

The Path of Night
(V20, p. 332; Chaining the Beast p.72)

Nickname: Nihilists

Basic Beliefs:
Nihilists embrace their damnation as they believe that, as undead vampires, it is their role to be instruments of damnation, pain and misery—such is the life of a Nihilist, and it is their natural calling to spread such feelings to the world around them. This version of the Path of Night is a modern twist to the original Via Noctis practiced among members of the old clan Lasombra before Gratiano’s incident. Both the Road and the Path of night share the common belief that Vampires are damned and there is nothing to do about it, but while follower of the Via Noctis use their powers to redeemed humanity through pain and fear, the lack of altruistic purpose tend to characterize the Nihilists who believes that their thirst is the ultimate sign of their evil purpose. While they act on the pretense to serve god’s greater plan, they ultimately greed to extinguish all life under their fang, but only refrain in order to enjoy it in a more damaging and more sadistic way.

Ethics:
The Path of Night teaches that vampires are agent of Hell and that mean that all their values are inverted. Egoism and self-centered behavior are encouraged putting an emphasis on pursuing one’s darkest desires at all cost.
The Path of Night is a generic name regrouping a set of path developed for the modern and rebellious Lasombra left in a world where both their god and founder are dead or have abandoned them to the cold eternal nights.
Whatever was the goal of the originals founder, they choose to divide the path of night into many branches working toward the same ultimate end.

History
…While the original Via Noctis was dying under the blow of both the angelis ater and the lack of new Adherent on the Road, the word spread among Lasombra that a set of teaching, new paths on the Road of the Night, were developed. No one know exactly how they were created, most scholar lay the development of the path of night squarely at Monçada’s feet, some others less believable answer talks of the meeting between angelis ater and followers of the Devil’s Road…
Regardless of its source, this modern Path serves to sum up the Lasombra Clan Progenitor rather completely et quite violoently: Dominate, mastery of darkness and transcendence of fleshly limitations.
Having its roots plunging far back to the times of nearly-forgotten antiquity, this Path's ancient legacy gives it a certain organic flexibility that other Paths of Enlightenment lack. No other Path has existed quite as long, and none have been explored completely, explaining how the Path of Night could have been developed into the various, related forms it exists in today, like different branches of the same original philosophy.
Just as the differences between other Paths and the Path of Night are based on philosophical grounds that lead to differing lifestyles, so, too, are each of the various Paths of Night different enough that adopting one and attempting to change to another requires the same amount of mental energy and dedication that it would take to switch to any other way of thinking.

Path:
The Hot path of Night: First and most widely taught path – sometime even outside the clan - it emphasize on the virtue of Instincts. It is often embraced by the young or desperate members of the Sabbat that wants to follow their violent desires no matter what the cost will be for their surrounding. In fact this path almost seem to be designed to ensure they wreck havoc on the surrounding area in the most shocking ways.
The Cold Path of Night: Based on Self-Control this path is not as popular among the young sabbat. Nonetheless this path is the perfect catch for a cunning Lasombra beyond the petty moral of the humanity, allowing him to construct his plan for years carefully hidden among his enemy. The path ensures that the follower will always work toward bringing the maximum long-term damage out of his situation.
Other path of Night While the Hot and the Cold path of Night are reflections of the same path of Night many other variations have been created. All the variation of the path of Night are believed to be the result of the attempts made during the Anarch Revolution to adapt the tenants of the path of the Righteous and Fearful Night to more modern ways of thinking, for the clan’s greater good.

The Path of the Hot Night:

The Path of the Cold Night:

Abyssal Paths of Enlightenment wrote:

Paths of the Abyssal Night

The Abyss is not just darkness and shadows, it is the lack of the light of Creation, it is a force that transcends—and ultimately opposes—all light and life. Kindred dedicating an immortal unlife to the study and philosophy of such a power eventually come to realize that they have little room in their dead hearts for normal mortal concerns such as right or wrong. Few Abyss Mystics adhere to any human-like morality, and many, apparently, eventually find themselves gravitating toward this loosely defined Road/Path of Enlightenment.

The Road of the Abyss (Via Abyssi):

The Path of the Lightless Night:

The Path of the Allied Night:

Sidebar:

Edit: I Finished to review the paths !
I made sure no big mistake have been made, I think Gattison, you can start all you wanna do... I'll be waiting to see the results.

Last edited by Agathe De Lannuie on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Work no more in progress on my side for now - Not until you did yours Gattison ;))
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:49 am

This is awesome. You just won Grey Jackal! bounce

I'm already formatting it, then I'll edit and repost the final result. I may even try to sneak my expanded descrip of the Hot Path of Night in there, if I can, we'll see.

Otherwise, thanks a TON. You have no idea how happy I am to see this section exist. And it sounds really good, too.

That reminds me, I also want to fit your discussion about how you think Moncada is an infernalist into the book somewhere, too. I'm thinking maybe convert your conversation with Anda into a series of in-character letters between two NPCs discussing their fears about Moncada... That could support this theory and maybe we could even make it part of our GJ metaplot.

EDIT: Oh, and it more than makes up for your unscheduled vacation... =)

And another thing, now that I look at it, should this stay in the first Chapter, or maybe me moved to Chapter 4: the Storytelling section? It would make the chapter gigantic like our rituals chapter and our NPC chapter, but so what.
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:16 am

Cool you like it :-)
Thanks a lot for your support.

I already started to rewrite some part to make it easier to read and more consequent (btw I didn't finish the new sidebar & everything is a work in progress - I'll send you the new text)
I think you'll be able to throw the old sidebar called "right and wrong in the eyes of the Abyss". Maybe some part could be integrated into the lightless part dedicated to the path... I'll try to see what I can do with that.
In fact many parts need to be rewrote as they feel awkward or need an other more external or internal point of view. Also I did some copy/past for some of the path and we need to check if nothing's out of place on a road/path. Feel free to change anything, I can't wait to see what you can bring in.
Also if you want to reorganize the text some part might be out of place inside each path.
Use whatever you wrote, i'm sure it is great, just make sure it fit in the mood of the good path. Cold, Intellectual and Patient for Self Control; Hot, Emotional and Violent for Instinc. I'm sure you already got that but...

Indeed the links with Monçada was something I was discussing with Anda. Back then I wasn't really able to explain it clearly, It was messy... But after my Kiasyd kind of rest, and as I started to read your history of the path of Night, it became clear that all you said was good but I felt it needed to be put in the right section. From then I started to right the history starting form the Road of Night and the Road of the Abyss, wondering why they seem to have radically changed in the modern nights...

I think I saw an hidden message addressed to my humble person It was in the "Book", in the section concerning Monçada. I'll try to write something about him along with a sidebar it in order to present the historical facts.
In the Allied path and also the last (and so far only) sidebar I also provided hints of what I consider an interesting link between the modern path of Night, Monçada, Lord Marcus and the path of Power and the Inner Voice. But I still don't know how to turn it around in order to make the more sense out of it

It seem Lord Marcus (the creator of the path) is/was the highest on the Path and since Monçada had 9 in the same path, it is believable that he might have been something like a second in the hierarchy. Other vampires are known to be killed as soon as they truly rise in the path. We also know that followers of the Righteous paths of the Night were devoted to Monçada because: even if he wasn't a follower of the path he still had true Faith 3, and that's enough to be more advanced in this path than most - a fact which I find amusing considering the twist that gives to the meaning of having true faith. So we have Marcus, then Monçada on top of the hierarchy of both the followers of the path of Power and the Inner Voice and the path of the Righteous Night... That's a real plan for the ruler in the shadows... But what to do with it ?

That would be cool if we could use this in our metaplot... But any idea how ?

Please Master try not to kill me since you believe I'm redeemed! Twisted Evil

EDIT: I'm not sure about the storytelling chapter - do you feel it slip too far from just the path? Maybe the sidebar could be included in the stroytelling part while the rest stay in the chap 1. That way someone could read the path without having the whole story... Only clue and of course they could understand on their own if they read all the paths. While the Sidebar could be more of an affirmation in the storytelling. Something akin to: All facts lead to think Monçada... What if the creation of the path was a Baali joke ?
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:02 am

Damn it's nice to see you back Agathe! Putain ça fait plaisir de vous voir à nouveau Agathe!

And great work with the paths and roads! With that previously being such a big unfinished peice of the book, now the end is not that far away. I really like this section now!
And can I just say that I'm really happy that you will take on Moncada. Me and anarch just have Polonia, and the Savarre/Navarres left I think, so the NPC section should be finished soon.
Oh and if there is any mystics or possible mystics that we might've missed, feel free to point em out. I know that you probably have a bigger White Wolf library than me so if you scout any out... let me know! pirat
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:14 pm

I have a question though. On Preferred Disciplines you suggest Domination and Occultation. What is that?
I also noticed a wrong spelling of the Baali discipline. Daimoinon, not Deimonon.
Just thought I would mention it so we don't miss it later on Smile
Again, great work Agathe!
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:33 pm

Mille merci Anda, ça me fait plaisir de tous vous retrouver (tu peux me tutoyer Wink )
Thanks Anda, its a pleasure to be back among you guys

Sorry my bad, its french terms for the disciplines :
Domination is Dominate
Occultation is Obfuscate

I'll also change the Daimoinon spelling Sleep (I'll do it later today)

Great, I'm still a sinner, I won't be killed!

There are a lot of this kind of error, thanks Anda! Also Iif you feel something wasn't well written, or was out of place let me know I'll change it.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:21 pm

I was actually going to take care of all that for you. Basically, if you have anything to add, let me know, otherwise, the editing phase should catch all that. I've already changed the things Anda pointed out in the book, plus a couple other,s actually, as I went about formatting it to look fancy.

If you want Agathe, we'll let you get straight to work on Moncada, or whatever else you feel like working on, and leave fixing this to me.... Except for finish the sections you left unfnished... you can still complete your thoughts there, of course. (Please, lol)

As for the side-bar, I thought it would be neat to use a picture of a piece of paper with a smear of blood on it as the background, and then split it up and put each section near the appropriate Morality.

Agathe's section is actually 10+ pages long study in the Guide, so I'm doing it in a separate file before I add it to the appropriate chapter, so now is the time to decide.

I could understand keeping it Chapter 1--that would make Chapter 1 a primer, or prep stage for what knowledge is needed in order to learn Abyss Mysticism.

On the other hand, I could see the Moralities section being fit into the Storytelling chapter. Then Chapter 4 would be more of an ST's toolkit full of various things to offer their players. It would also help imply that all of this is ST's discretion, since none of it is canon.

Chapter 4 is already pretty beefy, while Chapter 1 is lengthy, but not as long, I don't think. This really shouldn't influence our decision though, so ignore it.

Oh and BTW, the message under Moncada was not to you, Agathe, or anybody... specifically, it was to everybody, including me, and was intended to be military-style motivation. scratch
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:24 am

I just edited my post about the Roads & Paths, I'm done for now, go to check if you want cyclops
I know you were in a hurry to get to work but I told you it was still a work in progress. Now I think I got rid of the major errors, you can use this last version. I mostly changed the Path of the Lightless Night

I think the choices of the Powers and abilities of each path are better now, same goes with some descriptions.
I also finished the sidebar ( you can split it if you want Gattison, it sound cool) could you make the whole letter feel more polite and old school please.
While it's far from being perfect, I'll let you Gattison do your Dark part... Btw if you feel like it you can add some rumors and legends to the history of the paths it would hide the truth.

btw: I think I prefer to use the formulation: "The Path of the XXX Night" as in the "path of the Lightless Night".
Maybe there have already been some discussion about that, don't want to make too much change but that sound better to me...

Quote :
Oh and BTW, the message under Moncada was not to you, Agathe, or anybody... specifically, it was to everybody, including me, and was intended to be military-style motivation.

Too bad pale
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:40 pm

Awesome work, Agathe!!!

As Gattison said, I'm so happy that this section of the book came out so well!!!

It seems the book is very near its finishing stage, isn't, folks?
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:10 pm

Yessir!

According to the Checklist, it looks like, besides basic proofreading and editing and such, the major things we have left to do are [Chapter 3], finish Abyssal Locations, finish Abyssal NPC's and finish the Antagonists in the Bestiary.

Beyond that it's mostly refining fluff and stuff like that.

I'm not going to bother with a deadline this time, but if we can focus and squeeze some time in for the Abyss Guide over the next month or so, we should be ACTUALLY done soon!

Also, I learned how to make torrents, so I can host the PDF as a torrent, as well as where ever else we can host it.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:16 am

How about all the artwork you have borrowed for the book, have they been granted for use yet?
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 12:04 am

hmm... well, since you asked, and we've just made progress towards completion, I went ahead and attempted to contact all the owners of the art I've "borrowed."

No responses just yet, but it hasn't even been half a day yet.

Unfortunately, it looks like a lot of the artists I contacted haven't touched their DeviantArt accounts in years, so... who knows what will happen in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:11 am

Then I guess I have alot of art to do! I'll get right on it next week!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics   Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paths of Enlightenment for Abyss Mystics
Page 1 of 1