Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements

Where RPG fans can share ideas and work together to create the sourcebooks that the companies never will.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Abyss Guide now has a 4-page Character Sheet, and 6 pages of add-ons!

After a temporary hiatus, the Grey Jackal is back in action!

Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
valismedsen

valismedsen

Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic Empty
PostSubject: Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic   Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by valismedsen on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic   Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Actually, I love her story, so there's not much wrong with that at all.

The one complaint I do have is that she seems kind of buff for someone Embraced in the 1940s. I count about 11 stats with a rating of 5. That and she does have a hefty amount of Disciplines, Blood Magic and rituals, too.

Without trying to sound like I'm complaining, =), I bet a bunch of those traits could be trimmed down a bit and still serve the purpose needed to back up her excellent description.

For instance, her intelligence could still be respectable at 4, and still retain the Specialty. Since Wits doesn't have a Specialty, it could go down to 4 or even 3.

Leadership could probably be sufficient at 4 instead of 5.

Finally, since her focus is on Wanga and Voudounism, I think she should have less Abyssal rituals than Necromantic rituals. Like 5 or less. I picture it like this: since the char's focus is on Necromancy, and not specifically on Abyss Mysticism, I imagine that she is probably a "newbie" to Abyss-ism, and has more experience with Necromancy. and with only 70 or so years of unlife, she shouldn't be anything like the Methuselahs we started with, lol.

These are all just thoughts, and I've been proven wrong before, so if you disagree with any of them, feel free to start up a dialogue on it, and we can discuss this more in-depth. I'm not trying to take steam out of Cordelia or anything, just trying to constructively address some concerns. =)
Back to top Go down
http://gattison13.deviantart.com/
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic   Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Gattison, she was Embraced even before the Haitian Revolution, probably at the dawn of the 1700s.

Keeping this in mind, do you feel I should decrease her stats as you suggested? Actually, I kinda agree that those modifications could be made without detriment to the character's concept, but I calculated her stats according to the Children of the Night book guidelines.

I'll take a look at her Rituals of Darkness. At first I was gonna keep it at level 2, but I really wanted her to have access to a Caridad’s Garden.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic   Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:01 pm

ooooooooooooh, lol, my bad! =)

I kept looking at "Apparent age" and reading it as "Date of Embrace" for some dyslexic reason. My bad.

Let's see now, someone Embraced in the 1700's though... okay, I can see that now. There may be a handful of things you could shave down a little bit, but nothing as extreme as I was originally thinking, sorry about that, heh.

As for rituals, she probably wouldn't be too hurt if she was missing the following
Transubstantiation of Essence (level 2)
Calling the Hungry Shade (level 3)

and maybe also:
Defense of Angra Mainyu (level 1)

As for all those 5's... 5 means "best in the world" and is she among the best in the world at all those traits? Perhaps, but I think some of them could easily be knocked down to 4 without any problems. =) Maybe Wits, Subterfuge, and possibly Intelligence, too?
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic   Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Okay! Agreed. Feel free to update those on the book!
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic   Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 3:06 am

Okay, I managed to complete the write-up for this character.

I also made the suggested changes to her sheet, but raised Obfuscate to level 3 (I had a completely different look in mind for her, but Anda's illustration is so awesome that I've decided to make that her true appearance and give her the habit of using a more conventional one around mortals and non-Sabbat).

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Roleplaying Hints:
Spoiler:

Character Sheet:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic   Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:44 am

going through stuff and double-checking it.

this character should be all set in the next version of the PDF!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic   Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cordelia - Serpent of the Light Voudoun Abyss Mystic
Page 1 of 1