Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements

Where RPG fans can share ideas and work together to create the sourcebooks that the companies never will.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Abyss Guide now has a 4-page Character Sheet, and 6 pages of add-ons!

After a temporary hiatus, the Grey Jackal is back in action!

CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here are the contents of the first Chapter, for your approval.

Dark Thoughts
Excerpt taken from the writings of the Carthaginian True Brujah Elder Byrsa, the Time Addict, aka the Ventrue Archon Elissa, aka the Abyss Mystic Lasombra Antitribu Abscissa, aka the Sabbat Inquisitor Sister Agatha, aka the Necronomist Purple Virgin.
(written by "valismedsen")

Clan Lasombra
Lasombra Clan Faction: The Abyss' Children

Noteworthy Traits
Abilities: Expert Knowledge: Shadow Occultism
Specialties: Occult (Abyss)
Backgrounds: Occult Library

Obtenebration
Standard Applications of the Shadow Discipline
Advanced Applications of the Shadow Discipline
Combination-Discipline Techniques
Unique (Custom) Combination-Discipline Techniques

Dark Paths of Enlightenment
The Paths of Night
- Hot
- Cold
- Allied
- Lightless
- Righteous
The Road of the Abyss (Via Abyssi)

(Also, there is a final, possible, section for mortals connected to Abyss Mysticism)

The reason I post this is because I have a question:

Does anybody think we should add the Arcane Background to this chapter? I do.

For those who don't know, Arcane is sort of like a mystical, but natural form of Obfuscate. Afaik, mostly Mages have it, but it appears in other places, and what it does is allow them to be more easily forgotten, overlooked, etc. so that they don't get caught when they do any of their mysterious Mage stuff. (If anybody has ever read the comic book Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, "Nny" has an Arcane of 5 or 6 or higher).

I think Arcane could be a trait Abyss-tics pick up when they dig too deep into the Abyss, because it could "enshadow" a person's entire being, making them "shadows" in the minds of others and thus harder to notice... On the other hand, maybe we could think of a negative version of this trait? When a mystic gets too influenced/tainted by the Abyss, then their Arcane could actually become a problem for them, where their own associates have a hard time remembering them, or even seeing them. (Imagine that, you're a mystic and then all of a sudden everyone just starts ignoring you until you do something stupid....)

Also, anybody have any other suggestions? I'd eventually like to fold this topic (Darkness penalty, Blind Fighting & Perception Related Powers) into this Chapter, but maybe that would go better in Chapter 4, Storytelling? What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
http://gattison13.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage
Gattison
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Alright, once again good advice, so obvious really i felt kind of stupid, lol so thanks. =)

Here is draft 2, now with more fighting!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:31 am

Great job! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matt Avery

Matt Avery

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 5:16 am

Thanks for sending me the latest copy Gattison. Just got through most of this first chapter today and had a few edits/suggestions, mostly in the way of grammar, wording, etc. I do a fair amount of editing as part of my job, so tend to do this when reviewing any work anyhow. Trying to help make this the best that it can be, which overall I gotta say looks really awesome and pretty professional so far, so hope my comments don't come across too harsh.

Spoiler:

I skimmed through what you have so far on the Paths/Roads and will try to go over it thoroughly through the next week. Maybe next weekend I will get a chance to put some updates together.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Good job! I think you're gonna do wonders with your editing, especially to my texts hehe
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:56 pm

Ha! That's awesome. =)

So, here's the deal, I use OpenOffice, which is free and if you'd like to see the original files and edit them the easy way with me (I'm currently taking a writing class... heh), I'd love the help. Otherwise... yikes, might be a few days before I can tackle this update, lol.

I appreciate the shit out of it though, heh. I agree with Anda, I really like your suggestions, and would like to see more, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Matt Avery

Matt Avery

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 am

I installed openoffice if you want to send the files, I'd be comfortable making any really obvious edits (reflexes v. reflections, capital or pluralization, etc.) on my own. As long as we let each other know what sections we're working on we can avoid duplication of effort. I have you used googledocs at all. I haven't in awhile, but used to for stuff like this. I'll take a look at it again later tonight and maybe it will work for us.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Yes! Fantastic. You earn WP for that.

I haven't used Google Docs that much no, but if it's worth it, I can look into it and we can use that as well, whatever's clever.

So, if we are going to dual-edit (which is going to be a HUGE help), maybe we can mark our edits in bright red text, so the other can track them, and then when approved/confirmed I can just switch the color back to black. Do you think that would be necessary?

I'll start by emailing you Chapter 1, since that was where you started, unless you'd like more chapter/options or something different.

One more thing, I'm also working on a list of things I said I'd write and draw for the book as well (in addition to school work and the other things I have to do in life), so I may not be able to edit as much as you, just in case you think I'm making you my "editing bitch" ...I'm not, lol.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Winning!   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:31 am

I say "Nee!" to you all!

I am named Super Duper Ultimate Extra Enhanced Commander General!

Behold, the beginning of the Abyssal Moralities section...
Dark Paths of Enlightenment:
Also, here's a list I put together, just to make one vague reference to it (any help in filling in the blanks would be awesome):
Abyssal Alignments:
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm

Hi everyone, long time no see...

I just made a post with an update on the different paths.
I took the liberty to modify your work Gattison, I hope you won't mind (btw I didn't use the material you wrote in your last post).
Its an other way to look at the paths of Night, feel free to discard it if it doesn't suit your needs or to change any part.
I tried to present the evolution of the Road of night into the path of the Righteous Night. Then I tried to show how the modern path are designed to be fulfilling the purpose set in the Righteous path of Night. Finally, I tried to show how the Road of the Abyss was totally abandoned for modern versions of the path of Night: the Allied path of the Night was ensuring means of control over the mystics, while the Lightless path was created for the clan in order to hide their Monsters and assassins.

That's the organisation I choosed to follow according to the purposes of the Roads & paths: Religious/Regular/Mystic

Let me know what you think of it
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 1:27 am

Yes, you did, and an awesome job, you did also!

We'll continue this conversation over in the dedicated thread. =)
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 am

*Drops my Obfuscate*

where did they go...?

*Runs after*
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:46 am

Check here for a Poll concerning this Chapter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2