Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements

Where RPG fans can share ideas and work together to create the sourcebooks that the companies never will.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Abyss Guide now has a 4-page Character Sheet, and 6 pages of add-ons!

After a temporary hiatus, the Grey Jackal is back in action!

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chapter 5
Living Silhouettes: Abyssal Archetypes

("Nameless" Templates)
The Abyssal Alchemist (Lasombra)
The Antitribu Keeper (Lasombra Antitribu)
The Arm of the Abyss (Independent Ghoul)
Daddy's Little Girl (Lasombra)
The Dark Dabbler (Kiasyd)
A Dead Man's Tool (Xi Dundu)
The Evil Twin (Lasombra, see below)
The Psychologist (Lasombra)

Appendix I
Shadowed Ones

Shadow Mystics and Other Abyssal Figures

("Named" NPC's, FULL write-up)
Adetokunbo, Childe of the Enshadowed Magus (Tremere)
Agathe De Lannuie, Weirdling Scholar and Ashipu Philosopher (Kiasyd)
Byrsa, the Many Faces of Antiquity (True Brujah)
Cordelia, Serpent of the Night (Serpent of the Light)
Nyx, Goddess of the Night (Lasombra)
Robert de Villeroi, the Fallen Angel (Lasombra Angellis Ater)

("Named" NPC's, PARTIAL write-up)
The Casuli, Avatar of the Abyss (unknown)
Pedro Perez, "Hero" of the Lasombra (Lasombra)
The Greanac, Shadow of Nothing (non-vampire)

The Four Allies
("Named" NPC's, FULL write-up)
Doña Gabriela Juana Reyes de Gibraltar, the Cardinal of Maghreb and Keeper of Secrets (Lasombra)
Force-of-Silence, the Cryptic Shaman (Werewolf/Lupine--NON-MYSTIC)
Vescovo Giovanni, the Model Necromancer (Giovanni--NON-MYSTIC)
Hargos, the Fading Family-Man (Ghost/Wraith--NON-MYSTIC)

Score:
Lasombra Mystics: 9
Non-Lasombra Mystics: 7
Non-Vampire: 2
Non-Mystics: 4

Last edited by Gattison on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:41 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Renamed, reorganized; added Robert de Villeroi, updated; updated)
Back to top Go down
http://gattison13.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage
Gattison
Admin

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:53 am

agreed, he is our resident Byrsa-expert after all, heh
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:55 am

Here is the additional text that mentions Azaneal in the Road of Sin-book.

Road of Sin, page 38 wrote:

Chorazin the Damned lies in the very heart of the Holy Land, its black basalt ruins sitting on a bluff overlooking the Sea of Galilee. These ruins mark the entranceway to one of the darkest mysteries in the world, the fabled "undercity" of Chorazin, where the Baali Methuselah Nergal once housed the sleeping body of the Child of Outer Darkness called Namtaru and refined the rites he hoped to use to wake this unimaginably powerful being. Believed to have been the site of the Baali ritual used to curse the Banu Haqim with the plague of bloodlust, the city has, over the years, been repeatedly scourged by unloving Assamite attentions, though even they have not been able to break into the city's lower levels using the powers at their command. The Azaneali Baali and the angellis ater of the Lasombra still consider the city their own, though only Azaneal himself actually dwells there, engaged in his solitary effort to decode the nightmarish writings of Namtaru, etched into the stones of the undercity's walls.

All the stuff I've mentioned about Azaneal has been from Road of Sin which is set in the Dark Ages. Encyclopaedia
Vampirica, which is a book in the modern setting, also mentions some interesting stuff.

Encyclopaedia Vampirica, page 26 wrote:

Azaneal: A
Baali. The master of Chorazin tried to unite the Baali bloodline under his
leadership during the Dark Ages. He was neither the first nor the last tying to
follow Shaitan's example in doing so. But unlike many unfortunates who met
Final Death in the effort, Azaneal was simply never heard of again. Sometimes,
though, rumors or traces of his existence surface. If he's still in Chorazin,
he could have come very close to his goal to lead the bloodline these nights.

Encyclopaedia Vampirica, page 20 wrote:

Angellis
Ater: Lasombra who focus on the darkness within until it becomes an obsession
with the darkness without. These are called Angellis Ater or "Black
Angels". Nothing is known about their first meeting with the Baali, but
some suspect that Baali from the lineage of Azaneal facilitated the Angellis
Ater's contact with the infernal.

Encyclopaedia Vampirica, page 49 wrote:

Chorazin:
The city that Shaitan built. Although most doubt its existence, many Baali
texts refer to such a place. If it exists, then it is surely below ground and
probably somewhere in the Mediterranean area. Supposedly, all those who want to
join the Baali are brought here for their final tests, the exact nature of
which I don't even want to imagine. If someone else finds this place, history
could repeat itself, and there could be a second great war against the infernal
bloodline. But I rather assume that Chorazin is a place visited in spirit form
by those who want to do so. If it had a physical counterpart, it would have
been ferreted out and destroyed long ago.

Further more there should be more info about the Angellis
Ater on page
22 in Libellus Sanguinis I and on page
436 in the V20 book. I don't have any of them so I can't quote them here.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: The Angellis Ater from Libellus Sanguinis 1: Masters of State   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:54 am

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Black_13

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Black_14

Here you go. Now you can at least keep on reading...
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:02 am

And this is what V20 has to say about the subject

Lasombra
Angellis Ater
The Angellis Ater are an odd bloodline, one that
crosses boundaries between Baali and Lasombra. The
so-called “black angels” believe that vampires are the
instrument of Satan, and they worship sin and the dark-
ness of the soul. Their Lasombra blood lets them reach
into the blackness, pull it forth and manipulate it, and
the black angels become dependent upon and addicted
to use of the Obtenebration Discipline over time.
The bloodline has been around since at least the
Middle Ages, descended in part from a powerful Baali
called Azaneal. This monstrous vampire acted as a
leader within the Baali line for a time, and twisted the
orthodoxy of some Kindred enough to create a kind of
heresy, one that was all too attractive to the Lasom-
bra. The Clan of Shadows’ power base traditionally
included the Catholic Church, and over time the An-
gellis Ater made at least some inroad with these pious
(or pious-seeming) Lasombra. How much influence in
the Church they were able to wield is not known, but
they did survive the Inquisition. Angellis Ater are rare
in modern nights, but they do exist.
Nickname: Black Angels
Disciplines: Daimoinon, Dominate, and one of Po-
tence, Presence, or Obfuscate
Weakness: The Angellis Ater have the same weak-
ness as other Lasombra (p. 59) — they do not cast re-
flections.
Quote: We reach into the shadows, reach into hell. We
pull out what you find there, and paint the world with it.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks for sharing! Smile
So V20 has made them into a Bloodline, that's cool. Doesn't it strike you as odd that they don't have Obtenebration as a clan discipline though? What the hell is up with that? Shocked Especially when it says that they get addicted by using Obtenebration over time.
If they had Obtenebration it would've been cool to make a Angellis Ater-character concept, but now it doesn't really make sense.
From what I can tell from this text we can't really link these guys to Abyss Mysticism, however, Azaneal and his childe on the dark magister still makes sense to name drop.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 pm

Interesting real-world fact about the word "Baali"

It does strike me as odd that Angellis Ater do not have Obtenebration, and it makes me want to call bullshit.

Like you said, they get addicted to Obten, so it MUST be a part of the unlives to some extent. I would say in our book we should confront this issue and offer some suggestions (in a small section or side-bar).

Option ONE would be to say that Obfuscate and Obtenebration are often easily confused by writers when writing stuff (I myself make that mistake regularly, it seems). We could basically issue errata for the Angellis Ater, and claim that we believe they should have Obtenebration instead of Obfuscate. There are multiple ways the ST can go about this: simply swap it out and say in their Chronicle Obtene is an in-clan Discipline for them, or state that Angellis Ater have a choice of three In-clan Disciplines from the above list as well as Obtenebration.

(Quite frankly, I find an entire bloodline of Lasombra without Obten basically unbelievable. If the bloodline had some philosophical opposition to its use, like maybe they believed Obtene is the manifestation of evil darkness and that's why they AVOID it, then I could buy it, but with a bloodline that believes that and thinks it's a "GOOD" thing, I pretty much have to believe the V20 writers simply forgot to put Obten or something.)

Option TWO would be to highlight the fact that Angellis Ater get addicted to Obten and its use. Addiction is an unpleasant thing, so perhaps the Out-of-Clan purchase cost for Obtenebration represents this for them. We could suggest that ST's insist Black Angel NPC's (and PC's if any), all have to purchase Obten at out-of-clan cost at character creation. This higher price symbolizes the struggle they go through with this Disc.

(The above could be described in various ways, as well. It could be as simple and "plain" as stated above, OR it could actually serve as proof that Obtenebration and "evil" are separate and not actually the same thing. The darkness of evil and "anti-goodness," is NOT the same as the primordial darkness and the darkness within a person's mind/soul. On the other hand, the higher cost could also resemble a more pure, efficient and straight-from-the-source form of Obtenebration, should the ST decide to go that route.)

This section, like most sections like it, would only have to be a few paragraphs long.
Back to top Go down
Cadmiumcadamium

Cadmiumcadamium

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:20 pm

They updated this section of the book before it got printed IIRC. At least they updated the PDF and the Print on Demand books.

Now it says "Disciplines: Daimoinon, Dominate, and one of Potence, Presence, or Obtenebration" IMO It should be Daimonion, Obtenebration and one of Dominate, Potence or Presence. But hey.
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Monçada & the Angellis Ater   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:20 am

I totally agree with the fact that it was kind of weird they didn't get Obtenebration. I also thought they might not even need Daimoinon if they had Obtenebration... But that's an other story.

My opinion is that they should have Obtenebration as they ARE Lasombra: what's the point of calling them a bloodline if they don't have the main discipline ? Especially when the authors talks about how their blood let them "reach into the blackness, pull it forth and manipulate it". But as they are converted baali they might are share their knowledge with non lasombra...

Imho:
1) I would tend to go first for a Daimoinon as it is the Baali discipline any Baali's supposed to get.
2) Obtenebration instead of Occultation is imho a good twist to the Baali stereotype.

3)For the third there is two convincing possibility:
_Presence: It's the discipline of corrupter (Setites & Baali) and the level 7 "Unholy penance" (D.A. Companion p.89) is quite a good trick for Angellis Ater in the Church.
_Domination: The Road of Night followed by Angellis Ater in D.A. St's Companion is against most corrupter so they might prefer instead Domination which assert the Lasombra control over people's dark secret, rather than exert control through temptation.
The latter would emphasize on the idea that Angellis Ater are in opposition with regular Baali & Setites seducer (as the Road of Night often followed by Angellis Ater doom corrupters to a quick death).
Could there be different versions of Angellis Ater linked with different baali philosophies refleted by their powers ?
The ones using Presence are in link with regular Baali conspirations & demons trying to tempt humans for their masters
The ones using Domination see themselves as rulers of the infernal legions (even if that's just an illusion in their mind) in charge of punishing sinners according to their deeds.
Could both distinctions have been blur in the modren days; leading to a modern kind of Angellis Ater, the nihilists, and therefore possessing Potence instead? Those Angellis Ater would be mere pawn without even a belief except to rule humans only by the pure power of their strength! That would makes an amazing army of Angellis Ater without the means to achieve leadership, only tools/powers to fight for their masters...

Spoiler:

So you see, Satan is the error, the material world and followers of the Path of Night see themselves fallen angels that are only made of matter (their soul is gone in their catholic beliefs).
So for the hardcore followers of the path of night, the ones that follow the path of Heavenly Abode, they are truly Demons ! For them it is not a simple Myth it is their condition and they are evil even though they are somehow serving a purpose. They kill the ones that are pures or redeemed and they let alone the ones that are beyond redemption or even embraced them.

Imho that suggest that as old as Monçada is, his faith is linked the belief that he is a true representative of Satan, because such a scholar and a manipulator cannot not know how to use the power of Myth and secrecy. He's following a path in Secret, something close to the path of Heavenly Abode...
He might have started among the Road of Night believing he was a Fallen Angel but with years of practice (and the fact that if he was embraced by a follower of the Road of Night, he was "beyond redemption") he started to become twisted weather by demons, Angellis Ater or his own darkness and he started to love to scare people for his own purpose, like feeding on them when they truly are repentants aka totally scared. From them (and with the same state of mind as Angellis Ater) he jumps to the path of Heavenly abode.

From then he creates the Righteous Path of Night (one of the oldest variant, might even be a twist of the Road of Night instead of the Path of Night) inorder to control those religious people by the means of hierarchy.
And then the Path of Night for the nihilistic, the ones that are in rebellion against the religion (in opposition with god) or those that have no god but themselves.

Those seem to have been his political tools/Myths in order to push people to follow his own plan.
Yes he believes in God with a perfect faith but he also believes, with the same perfect faith, that is not of god's chosen, he's Satan's One, since he is only matter! The spiritual redemption is law of god for human, Vampire, material body with not life but borrowed, obey to the laws of Satan.
His megalomania might even have pushed him to think that he's the true incarnation of Satan, the one that tricked Righteous as well as Devils to work for him, the trickster!
That's why he can still be believing in god's teaching regarding to human matters while having left the path of Night for the path of Power and inner Voice. He's a Demon obeying only to his own will as he is the Adversary: he is the one in charge with ruling hell! Whatever myths he laid he's over them: they're his tools; true demons are not bound by god's law like humans. That means a total inversion of god's values... Lies is the way satan rules earth, Pain & Fear are his tools. And since Monçada is a clerc, using the myth of hell is his way to inforce submission. His greatest trick is to have made Lasombra forget the original purpose of the Road of Night was fulfilling (punishing sinners), inorder to replace it by the perversion of the submission to god into unquestioned hierarchy (the righteous path) and the perversion of rebellion against god into aimless destruction (the path of night).

At least that's the way I'm thinking Monçada could have managed to gather enough influence to be thought as the futur regent of the Sabbat.
drunken All this to say that I think it would be fair to make a little reference somewhere in the book to those possibles ties between the Angelis Ater, Monçada and the Path of Night/Heavenly Abode. At least at the beginning...
It is possible that he might then have changed to follow the path of the Power and the Inner Voice basing himself on the equation: Since I'm a demon my will is akin to god's will (cf. his flaw: megalomania) and since all humans have a part of shadow they are all guilty, which means every evil I do to them is justified. Imho that's quite an evil twist to his faith: from the redeemer of the guilty, he became punisher/ruler of all.

Btw: Is Monçada believing he is the new Satan, the one dictating the rules of hell to his followers or is he following leads from darker greater power ? Is there a link between Monçada's embrace and Azaneal's work at Chorazin ? It is mentioned (cb baali p.25) that Azaneal got a text saying that the gate to Chorazin was to be found in the shadows . This happend in the 11th century. From then he start to work with Angellis Ater from Valencia (the city in Spain, nearby Madrid) nothing leads us to believe he left before 1496. In between Monçada is brought into unlife in Madrid.
Could Monçada's own sire - or some other close Lasombra - might have been an Angelis Ater leading him on the path of Heavenly Abode ? is Monçada or his sire one of the 2 Generals of Azaneal in charge recruitment? Could that imply that Izhim UrBaal is the 2nd General ?
Still that tend to sugest that the link between original Obtenebration and the Infernal powers has been more strongly tided at that time (iirc Ereshkigal one of the oldest Lasombra seem to be in the role of the keeper of Namtaru's rest, imprisoning her brother Nergal; showing in the process Lasombra's power are greater than those of infernal origin -Cb Baali p.19).
This is consistent with the fact that WW state in the Giovanni chronicles II that modren paths are coming from old beliefs and they were twisted by Infernal powers during the era called "renaissance". That story also emphasize on the mythical role of "Keepers" the Lasombra might have had at the beginning. (It might be at odds with Danniel's story on that since he tend to assimilate Lasombra and the infernal side of Set...).

Last edited by Agathe De Lannuie on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:08 pm

@ Agathe
Wow, that aint a easy chewed text. To be honest I have probably read through it 5-6 times now and I still don't quite see what you're seeing. I understand what you're aiming for though, but to me it's a little too much wild theories and heavy speculation. In all honesty, I think we should focus on trying to sum up the parts of the book we already planned for, and avoid trying to add new "big" things. I doubt that the text you've written can be summed up and easy to understand in a sidebar. Lets face it, a big theory like that needs pages to back up the claim. And... Moncada is dead and our deadline way back in the rearview mirror. That's just my two cents.

@ Cadmium
So they have removed Obfuscate and changed it to Obtenebration now? Nice! I guess that answers what you wrote Gattison.

Original Anarch have provided me with another Abyss Mystic he has tracked down. A major player... a fucking Seraph! Twisted Evil A really awesome find!

Banjoko aka Francisco Ruiz
Acting Seraph of the Black Hand. Descendant of the Lasombra (antitribu) Methuselah Montano.
Mentored by his sire on the Path of Night and Abyss mysticism, but instead turned to embrace Hand and Sabbat politics.
It
is unknown in which extent Banjoko mastered the secrets of the Abyss,
but he remains in good reputation with noddists and other occult minds
(and the Lasombra).
(Caine's Chosen: the Black Hand)
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 5:04 am

Anda, nice to see you found quite an interesting Mystic!

Sorry for the text I do recognize that it's quite long and not so well written.
I'll try to sum up what is official and might be important to take into account regarding Angelis Ater.

1) During the dark age in Valence (in Spain close to Madrid) and in Chorazin, Angelis Ater and Baali were making an alliance (Cb baali p.25)
2) Angellis Ater are follower of the Road of Night in the D.A.; elder Lasombra are worried that they might corrupt the path's original purpose (D.A. St's Companion: Via Noctis p.28)
3) We know a variation of the Road of Night that is obviously a purely evil twist of christian beliefs: the path of Heavenly Abode (D.A. St's Companion: Via Noctis p.28)
4) In the Dark Age the followers of the Devil's Road (Via Diaboli) solidified their beliefs into the Path of Night (Chaining the Beast p.73)
5) Angellis Ater survived the inquisition by hiding in the church (Libellus Sanguinis 1: Masters of State)
6) the Archibishop Monçada is known to be deeply connected to the creation of both the path of Night and the Righteous path of Night (that's his Legacy to the future!). He has a True Faith and he's NOT following Humanity, the Road of Heaven, the Road of Night or something akin. Instead he's following a path that was twisted by demons during the Giovanni Chronicles II (and iirc it was mentioned somewhere else as well) (Children of the Night p.28 & Cb Lasombra p.68)
7) One of the two faction following the path of Night is named "the Black Angels"... The other faction is called the World's Maggot and they are infiltrators working deeply undercover for centuries. (Chaining the beast" p.73)

@ Gattison:
When WW say Angellis Ater are addicted to darkness and they have greater powers over shadows than most Lasombra don't you think that just mean they are mostly Abyss Mystic?
The story of Azaneal seem consistent with the fact that he might have been hunting for Lasombra mystic in order to open the gates of Chorazin
As I tried to show in my previous post it seem easy to slip from the christian beliefs in duality (the fight of Light vs Darkness both present both in the Zoroastrism and in the christian version of the Road of Night) to the beliefs of something akin to the Devil's Road: Ananeal might have found it easier to deal with christian Lasombra follower of the Road of Night : the Angellis Ater of Valence
Everything seem to lead to the idea that this alliance might have been done between followers of the path of Heavenly Abode, then (certainly after too much killing) they created the path of Night. The only thing need for that is to forget to "choose the sinner to redeem according to his sins" (Road of night) and to start to believe "everyone is a sinner that need redemption through pain, fear and death" (path of Night).

+: In the part dedicated to the path of Night in "Chaining the beast" p.73 there's a mention of two faction s: the World's Maggot and the Black Angels... We could use that as the nicknames for the follower of the Cold and the Hot version of the path of Night... It seem to fit well with the mood of both paths. Maybe you could check if you think it would work well enough to be worth using.

But I understand there is a bunch of things to do first and we're way past the dead line so consider this only as thought I was sharing. But that topic could come back in the part dedicated to the Roads and Paths (I didn't check the progress on that topic yet & I still want to write something in there if there is still some stuff to be done)

Btw: do we have a write up planed for Monçada ? I'm not saying we should, just wanna know.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:38 am

@ Agathe
Structured like that it makes more sense, thanks Smile I personally don't mind it used in this type of way instead. For example, if we do write about the Angelis Ater (I'm not sure that we should cuz the Abyss Mystic link is rather vague) then we could do a side bar underneath saying something like "Could Moncada have been a Angelis Ater?" but instead of writing it as an alternative setting as you did in you first post, put up what we know and suggest the connection like you did in post two. I think it's rather cool, good job agathe. But like I said, should probably only be there if we deside the Angelis Ater to be relevant for this book or not. That Moncada was an abyss mystic is not enough reason in my opinion to put this theory in there, cuz it doesn't add anything to abyss mysticism. Plus the fat asshole is dead. Wink

On another note, I wrote in the NPC sum-up that one abyss mystic could be the priestess of Ereshigal. My mistake, there were several lasombra priests who performed the "flooding" and since none of them have a name they probably don't belong there.

@ Agathe again
Whoops, now answering your second part directed to gattison. Yes you might be right, you make a good point. I would love to see you do a write up on the Angelis Ater, if you wouldn't mind and Gattison thinks it would be a good idea?

That's all for now... *going back to reading Clanbook Baali*
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:22 am

Oh and after reading a bit in Clanbook Baali I'm starting to suspect that the Lasombras on the Dark Magister is most likely part of the Angelis Ater.

Clanbook Baali page 25 wrote:

In the 11th century, a Baali named Azaneal came across
texts claiming the fabled gate of Chorazin was hidden in living
shadows. The Baali decided that this riddle dictated his course
of action; clearly, the only way to explore Chorazin’s shadows
was to use the masters of darkness, the Lasombra. After a century
of searching for infernalist Lasombra, Azaneal met and formed
an alliance with members of an angellis ater coven (see Libellus
Sanguinis I: Masters of the State) in Valencia.

Clabook Baali page 30 wrote:

These pits grow larger over
time and can measure from a personal bath to an underground
cistern in size. The most infamous of these abattoirs are the
Ashurite Well beneath the ruins of Ashur, the Iblii-al-Akbar
beneath ancient Damascus, and “Hell’s Mouth” aboard the
Dark Magister. The last is a Moorish pirate ship whose hold is
filled with two centuries’ worth of victims and booty. Manned
by a crew of Baali and infernal Lasombra corsairs, the Dark
Magister stalks the Mediterranean coast.

Azaneal had to spend a century to find Infernal Lasombra so they must be quite rare.
The Lasombras on the Dark Magister are Infernal and one of Azaneal's childes are onboard. Hell's mouth onboard is connected to Chorazin.

That makes captain Alejandro Martel y Sandoval (see the first page of this thread) a Angelis Ater and according to Agathe's theories; Abyss Mystic. He follows Path of Screams though and abandoned Road of Night. But he could probably make the NPC-list, or what do you guys think?

Edit: Doh! Just realised that the text says that the captain is one of the Black Angels.

Oh, and I also found this:

Clanbook Baali page 36 wrote:

The Legacy of Azaneal:
At length the chanting stopped, and the cavern
was shrouded in silence. The first of the bound and
blindfolded initiates was dragged before the assembly,
past the bonfire and across to the far side of the
cave, where the shadows of the observers danced
and played against the rock wall.
Producing a wickedly curved dagger from his
sash, the high priest brought the blade to bear against
the pallid flesh of his forearm, cutting so deep that
the light shone on bone. The blood flowed freely
down the priest’s arm as the firelight threw the
crimson stream’s shadow against the far wall. Two
acolytes held the captive’s head skyward to catch the
shadow-drops of blood as they plummeted down the
rock face.
And the initiate screamed….

There are those among the progeny of Lasombra
whose focus on the darkness within gradually
becomes an obsession with the darkness without.
These devil-worshippers are called angellis ater, or
‘black angels’ (see Libellus Sanguinus I: Masters
of the State).
The particulars of these infernalists’ first
meeting with the Baali are not known. However
it happened, the unholy alliance has proven to be
a strong one over recent decades. Azaneal’s twelve
childer, and their disciples, demonstrate a mastery
over darkness thought to be the Magisters’ exclusive
birthright. At the same time, the courts of Philip of
Swabia and Pope Innocent III are known to be rife
with Lasombra manipulators, some of whom just
might be agents of the infernal. And it is whispered
that great Monçada himself consorts unseen in his
cathedrals with unearthly beings and steely-winged
angels, though woe betide any who accuse the Archbishop
of anything less than a perfect faith.
Players and Storytellers may wish to introduce
Baali of the Azaneali strain into their Chronicles.
For such creatures, Obtenebration may replace
either Daimoinon or Presence. Azaneali Baali,
more often than not, are soulless vessels — puppethusks
wandering the world at the whim of their
diabolical masters. Some, like Azaneal himself,
retain some measure of free will, but their blood is
weak — all of their childer are sterile, and cannot
pass on Caine’s curse.

Agathe... I see what you see now. And the world of Darkness just became so much darker, brrrr! pale

Last edited by Anda on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:04 am

Children of the Night wrote:

...As
centuries passed, however, something happened to the archbishop's faith. It
never wavered, but it has evolved into something dark and terrible, an
unshakable belief in Moncada's own damnation and a determination to earn that
fate. The archbishop still believes, with a perfect faith, in redemption and
the Resurrection. He simply knows, with an abiding resignation, that there is no
salvation for him or his kind, and as God has seen fit to damn him thus, it is
his duty to earn that damnation as best he might...

... bla bla bla ....

...His influence on broad policy is waning, however - some Sabbat mutter that
he spends too much time on spiritual affairs and not enough on temporal ones,
or that he consorts with strange and unsettling beings in his quest to serve
God's will...

Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:08 am

Ok so I've done a more proper sum up of the NPCs.
Many of them are still just copied text of what original anarch wrote on the forum, the others I took the liberties to research and write myself.
I have written a small paragraph above both the confirmed and possible abyss Mystics. I know that this type of text aint my strong side so I leave that open to change and to be rewritten, I mostly did that so I had it structured for myself on how it could look like. So don't think I expect that to be like that or anything.
Also, I have written details about Moncada since I feel I don't know enough about him. Sure I can sit and read and read, but since he's all over the place and what I read about him in Children of the Night aint enough info to tie him to what we have been talking about, I would prefer if someone else could write Moncada.
On the WW-forum to there was a suggestion of both a Bishop De Navarre and a Countess Saviarre, both making some type of abyss bomb and where the later one was referenced to Dark Ages clannovel Brujah while the first one had no reference that I could see. Anyone has anything on these? Right now, I personally don't know enough to put them on the list or to write something about them. Very simular names, could they be the same and somehow just messed up on the forum?
Also, on my reference on Gratiano and Montano I've written two books, are they in any other that you know of? Maybe Guide to the High Clans or something?
I know that you want more stuff added to Polonia, gattison, I just kept him like this for now until we know for sure how we wanna do it. One thing could be to keep him like this but do a sidebar with suggestions or add suggestions to the text itself.

Oh, and I apologize for the text f*cking up in what I've written, jumping from phat to thin, from font to font. It's the forum who does it when I paste from word.

So this is a sumup on what needs to be done:
> Someone write something small about Moncada.
> Dismiss or write something about Bishop De Navarre.
> Dismiss or write something about Countess Saviarre.
> Check books that contains Gratiano and Montano.

Here is what has been done:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Anda on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:31 am

Nice work Anda, thanks a ton. =)

Bratiano and Montano were also discussed in Children of the Inquisition, too, weren't they?

I really like what you've done with everybody.

I'll get back to this shortly, because I have an idea about how to set it all up in the book.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 am

Gattison wrote:
Nice work Anda, thanks a ton. =)

Bratiano and Montano were also discussed in Children of the Inquisition, too, weren't they?

Thanks man Smile and I have no idea, don't have the book. If you can look it up and confirm it, then that would be awesome Smile

Gattison wrote:

I'll get back to this shortly, because I have an idea about how to set it all up in the book.

Sweet! Smile
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:09 am

Quote :

Yes they are, Montano is also a character of the Lasombra Trilogy.
At one point in the novels they're also talking about Gratiano and say that he's just a Prince in South America with no ambition and they're doubting he ever managed to really kill and drink the blood of Lasombra. Gratiano show no creativity like if he's under the power of someone.

btw: iirc there's a cool note about Zaratustra in the trilogy. He's spending most of his nights in the shadow form, his servent makes sure a blood pool is always filed for him to drink while in this form
This gives us 2 things: 1) You can drink spilled blood while in shadow form 2) Zarathoustra must be a follower of one of the (old ?) path of night to act that way

Cool Anda good work here, great summary
I might do the Monçada writing if you want ;-) I could do some other if you need me to but apart from gratiano & montano, I can't remember the 2 other...
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:22 am

@ Agathe

Thanks man! Smile Yes please write a little sum up on Moncada, would be awesome! Smile

I'm editing my post and adding Children of the Inquisition to the reference. Already had Lasombra Trilogy. Let me know if some other source book is missing.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Navarre & Saviarre   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Anda wrote:
> Dismiss or write something about Bishop De Navarre.
> Dismiss or write something about Countess Saviarre.

Found this on Countess Saviarre: http://kindred.hollandbynight.nl/index.php?mode=view&id=1838
(the site doesn't specify, but Saviarre is mentioned at least on page 82 of Libellus Sanguinis 1, oh, and btw, she's Ventrue, not Lasombra, don't know if she went antitribu later. However, she seems to appear as more of a political power-player, though it is mentioned that she may have a suppernatural or other hold over another Ventrue named Alexander, which is how she gains her political power. Doesn't strike me as an Abyss mystic at all unless there's some obscure reference somewhere that I'm missing.)

and this on Bishop de Navarre: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garc%C3%ADa_Ram%C3%ADrez_of_Navarre
(this one seems to be solely from the novels, but based upon a real person)
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:17 pm

@ Gattison

Thanks man, I think we can dismiss those two then. I'll talk to anarch about em ofc, to see if he remember them from the novels, but I think it's safe to say that there isn't enough to build a case on them.
Speaking of anarch, he sent over two more abyss mystics he tracked down. Surprisingly from such a obvious place as Clanbook Lasombra.

Felipe Toreaso Maguno. Lasombra Abyss
mystic of the Sabbat in Cali, Colombia. Uttered the words:

”I find no truths except in darkness.
The world will not interest me until all traces of light have been
expunged from it forever. I act only to hasten the end of the last
day.”

-Clanbook Lasombra Revised

Almira Veracruz, Lasombra Bishop of
Oakland. Is probably the sire of Richard B. Weinstein, who's
sire was a Abyss mystic. Or perhaps not, it's hard to tell, since
Wienstein is suffering from a not-yet-full-blown multiple-personality
disorder. But there seems to be some truth to it since Weinstein has
an occult score of 3, with an Abyss speciality.

-Clanbook Lasombra Revised
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:37 pm

I don't know about dismissing them, just yet... they were valis' finds, and I think they are still valid. They only need as much detail as the chick _anarch found who is a thin silver frame moved by shadows. Not much, but an honorable mention and their source, just so neutrotic ST's can use "canon" characters...

http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1379848#post1379848

EDIT: Woops, forgot to mention, tell anarch once again, good find on the mystics and thanks!
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:28 pm

Alright, fair enough. Any idea when Valis will be back by the way?

Anarch suggested that instead of just writing down Gratiano and Montano as possible abyss mystics we could divide in into a third part called Lasombra's Childer.
Then we would have something like: Known Abyss Mystics, Possible Abyss Mystics and Lasombra's Childer.
How does that sound to you guys? Anarch has sent me a small little list of Lasombra's Childer that I can work with, if you like the idea.

Here's what the list looks like right now:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:15 am

De Navarre is a bishop of the caininite heresy from the D.A. clan novel Brujah & Malkavian. In the Malkavian novel he confesse he's an Abyss Mystic and he think that Saviarre is an incarnation of Ahriman godess of shadows. (can't tell you more since i just read a summary)

@ Anda
I like the division it would avoid to leave Montano in the "Possible Abyss Mystics" category (for me in the C.N. he's far more than just an Abyss mystic... He's The Abyss Mystic checking on the the deepest part of the Abyss, searching for traces and proof of the surviving will of the founder)
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:45 am

I also have this additional text under the blurb on Gratiano (but nothing extra on Montano)...

Quote :
He is the current Archbishop of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He only claimed the city as a home for a couple of years and he will likely move on in a couple of more, only staying for as long it keeps his interest. Even though he is "only" an Archbishop of the Sabbat, I get the impression he basicly does what he likes. And the fact that Gratiano can Dominate about everyone in the World of Darkness is stressed quite a bit. Lucita for one is scared to core of being in his presence and looking into his eyes - knowing that in an instant she could loose everything that is her. Then the fact that Gratiano is a childish whiner, makes it all the scarier.

I believe _anarch or some other novels-reader told us that one.

That's true, we could put them in a category of their own.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:33 am

Okay, if you please...

1. I need a page number for Almira Veracruz

2. I need a page number for Banjoko (although I've found him before, so I could find him again)

3. Isn't Francisco Domingo de Polonia a Bishop of some place?

4. There's also these two to add to the first list:
Richard B. Weinstein, Ductus of Black Eagle Consulting, Inc.
(Lasombra Clanbook Revised, p. 92)
Occult (Abyss) 3, said to be an occultist who tried summoning demons, then was Embraced by an Abyss Mystic... possibly. He has at least three personalities (from diablerie side-effects), and one of them appears to have no occult background.

&

Richard B. Weinstein, Ductus of Black Eagle Consulting, Inc.
(Lasombra Clanbook Revised, p. 92)
Occult (Abyss) 3, said to be an occultist who tried summoning demons, then was Embraced by an Abyss Mystic... possibly. He has at least three personalities (from diablerie side-effects), and one of them appears to have no occult background.

5. And these two to add to the second list:
Marconius
(Libellus Sanguinis: Masters of State)

&

Zarathustra
(Dark Ages: Europe, p. ?)
He was in fact probably not THE Zarathustra, but embraced around the time of Alexander.

6. Looks like after Moncada, Gratiano Montano and something small on Black Eagle Consulting are done, this section will be done! Then that means that only my NPC will need to be finished and the whole Chapter should be done.... except for final adjustments on Agathe de Lannuie.

7. I also have to finish inking the last picture I drew, because it goes in this chapter, right before the Four Allies.

Anything else I'm forgetting about for this chapter?
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:34 am

8. oh yeah! and Navarre and Saviarre, too

9. oh yeah, and I also need a page number for Louhi's appearance in AWoD 2nd Edit (not first Edit.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next