Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements

Where RPG fans can share ideas and work together to create the sourcebooks that the companies never will.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Abyss Guide now has a 4-page Character Sheet, and 6 pages of add-ons!

After a temporary hiatus, the Grey Jackal is back in action!

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chapter 5
Living Silhouettes: Abyssal Archetypes

("Nameless" Templates)
The Abyssal Alchemist (Lasombra)
The Antitribu Keeper (Lasombra Antitribu)
The Arm of the Abyss (Independent Ghoul)
Daddy's Little Girl (Lasombra)
The Dark Dabbler (Kiasyd)
A Dead Man's Tool (Xi Dundu)
The Evil Twin (Lasombra, see below)
The Psychologist (Lasombra)

Appendix I
Shadowed Ones

Shadow Mystics and Other Abyssal Figures

("Named" NPC's, FULL write-up)
Adetokunbo, Childe of the Enshadowed Magus (Tremere)
Agathe De Lannuie, Weirdling Scholar and Ashipu Philosopher (Kiasyd)
Byrsa, the Many Faces of Antiquity (True Brujah)
Cordelia, Serpent of the Night (Serpent of the Light)
Nyx, Goddess of the Night (Lasombra)
Robert de Villeroi, the Fallen Angel (Lasombra Angellis Ater)

("Named" NPC's, PARTIAL write-up)
The Casuli, Avatar of the Abyss (unknown)
Pedro Perez, "Hero" of the Lasombra (Lasombra)
The Greanac, Shadow of Nothing (non-vampire)

The Four Allies
("Named" NPC's, FULL write-up)
Doña Gabriela Juana Reyes de Gibraltar, the Cardinal of Maghreb and Keeper of Secrets (Lasombra)
Force-of-Silence, the Cryptic Shaman (Werewolf/Lupine--NON-MYSTIC)
Vescovo Giovanni, the Model Necromancer (Giovanni--NON-MYSTIC)
Hargos, the Fading Family-Man (Ghost/Wraith--NON-MYSTIC)

Score:
Lasombra Mystics: 9
Non-Lasombra Mystics: 7
Non-Vampire: 2
Non-Mystics: 4

Last edited by Gattison on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:41 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Renamed, reorganized; added Robert de Villeroi, updated; updated)
Back to top Go down
http://gattison13.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage
Anda

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Anarch has given his thumbs up for his character concept, he liked it!
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Thank-you. =)

And with no complaints about the other quote, I'm going to go ahead and change it from red to black and make it official.

I also noticed that we might need to double check all the Template CS's before we release the book. It looks like The Psychologist, I think it was, is actually short on some required dots as well.
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 11:56 pm

Gattison wrote:
Gattison wrote:
So we need quotes for two of our Character Templates, the Antitribu Keeper and the Psychologist. Here are my proposals:

Antitribu Keeper:
"Are you your brother's blood? Then yes you are your brother's keeper!"

Psychologist:
"You can act as horrible as you want, I won't be impressed. I've seen darker."

I loved the quotes!
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:55 pm

Ok so see if this is enough for Esperanza?

Esperanza Lucifer
Lets make it clear, when we are addressing Esperanza Lucifer we are in fact
talking about the Elder cainite known by that name, not her Childe portraying
her in modern nights. Captain upon the pirate vessel - the Devil's Darling -
Esperanza made a career bloody enough to enter the legends of the damned. It is
said that Esperanza was taken into clan Lasombra by an unknown vampire of great
power that arose from the depths of the ocean, possibly a Methuselah or even
the Antedeluvian itself. Under the tutelage of her Sire, Esperanza Lucifer
mastered the discipline of Obtenebration, but also showed skills beyond the
normal when she summoned the mythical Kraken. This abyssal behemoth crafted by
shadow and evil accepted the offering in blood that were Esperanza's enemies
and carried out her orders just like it had been commanded by her Sire in the
ages past. One could suspect that the summoning of the Kraken is an abyssal
ritual which would make Esperanza a powerful Mystic indeed.
See: Children
of the Revolution,
pages 117-121

and also, anarch found another of [Lasombra]'s childer that's kinda crucial for the list. Smile

The
First Mystic

During the Dark Ages a legend passed from cold lip to cold lip among the Abyss
Mystics of that age. They claimed that the very first Abyss Mystic was embraced
by the Lasombra Antediluvian and that the Childe was most beloved by the Founder.
This fabled vampire - first of his kind - is said to have used the "whispers
in the dark"-ritual and asked the Abyss the ultimate question - how he
might slay God. If this creature ever existed then he is still slumbering in
his ancient lair, meditating or haunted by dreams while awaiting an answer.
See: Players guide to High Clans,
page 180
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 am

I saw that you did one of those cool little black boxes for the Black Eagle Consulting Inc Gattison. I thought that was really cool so I did one for the Schichiriel aswell, to be pasted beneath Zadkiel's text ofc.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Added Esperanze to Suspected Mystics.

Added The First Mystic to Known Mystics.

Added The Schirchiel's side-bar under Zadkiel.

Thanks Anda. You da man!
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:18 am

Woohoo great! Both me and my brother feels though that The First Mystic should rather be placed under the Antediluvian's Childer than Known Mystics. It's ofc fine either way, but that is the spot we find most suiting. So unless you object to that, maybe we can move it?
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 2:24 pm

Well, you're right. Now that you mention it, it should be moved... and it will be.... =)
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 2:46 pm

Noticed another minor misspelling, We wrote Felipe Toreaso Maguno, he spells his first name Filipe.

Pretty please, correct that. flower
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:40 am

Another confirmed Abyss Mystic.

Aron
ben Aretz

When he still hadn't met his Final Death, Aron was a part of a group of Abyss Mystics
who had affiliation with the Ivory Tower. Hidden among the Sephardim Jews who
fled from Iberia to Brazil, Aron had plans to establish a strong lineage in the
promising new country, starting with the embrace of Zadkiel ben Aron. Among the
other Antitribu Keepers in South America, Aron with his new childe proved to be
worthy opponents to the invading Sabbat troops. It would all change though when
finally a master strategist arrived in Brazil to attempt to claim the region as
his own. Charles Delmare outwitted the Antitribu and Aron and his fellow Abyss
Mystics all got wiped out from existence. Only his childe was spared, carrying
on his Sire's legacy in a direction that Aron probably never would've approved.

Last edited by Anda on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 am

And another one for the possible Abyss Mystics list. This one I actually got from you Gattison, browsing through our abyss thread on the WW-forum I saw that you mentioned this guy as a possible Abyss Mystic.

Gattison wrote:

Also, I re-read the portion on Marconius the first Kiasyd, in LS:MotS
again, and it says that he, basically, ended up as a Kiasyd during a
"Haphazard attempt to study the roots of Obtenebration." He could just
be a regular Lasombra occultist, or he could be a potential Abyss
Mystic. ...Or not?

I agreed with you, Marconius could very well have been an Abyss Mystic so I sat down and wrote this:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 5:52 pm

updated, thank-you.

new update coming soon!
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 10:40 am

And another one before you go to print! Anarch turned this one in!

Spoiler:

Oh and I noticed that I forgot to write reference on Aron. It's from Mexico City by Night, page 55-56.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 am

Added to Known Mystics.

Already assumed that that was the ref. for Aron.

Maybe later on tonight or tomorrow I will send out the new one.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

Francisco Domingo de Polonia

Many things comes to mind when the great Cardinal's name gets whispered in the dark. Through the centuries, his activities in America has given him a fame and a legend that stretches beyond just the Sabbat. All Sects know of Polonia, but what do they really know?
What do we as readers really know? Through the Second Edition we got to know Polonia - not only as a great tactician and as Arch Bishop of New York - but also as an master of the occult who had no other than the notorious Monçada of Madrid as his personal confessor. In the Revised Edition things changed though, and as Polonia had became Cardinal he also had lost both New York and three dots of Occult on his character sheet. We dare not to guess if this was intentional or a mistake, but since 1999 Polonia would forever carry only one dot in Occult and his connection with the Cardinal of Madrid would seem long forgotten. The same year more mystery would circle the sunburned Spaniard as he played a key role in the dramatic Clannovel Tzimisce. Here Polonia again shows occult knowledge beyond student skills when he stepped through the shadows into some type of different tenebrous realm and made contact with the creatures there, known as the Envoys. All these different sources contradict each other and makes it a very hard case to determine if Polonia is an Abyss Mystic or not. We leave it up you as reader to decide on what works the best for your story.
See: A World of Darkness (1996) pages 8-9, Children of the Night pages 23-24, New York by Night pages 97-98 and Clannovel Tzimisce.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:30 pm

BLAM! Polonia is done!

Thank you =)
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Np Joshua, and here is the last one (except Moncada) for the book, given to me by anarch. As you can see, Saviarre is not an Abyss Mystic but de Navarre is. He belongs ofc on the confirmed list.

De Navarre

Bishop of the Cainite Heresy in Paris during the events of the Dark Ages novels. He used the Heresy to further his own goals, most notable awaiting the oblivion of Ahriman when the Abyss comes to this world. Confidant to the Countess Saviarre who in turn counselled Prince Alexander himself. To de Navarre the Countess was the very avatar of the Abyss: Cold, empty and hungry. She left the shadow magics to him and he served her faithfully.
De Navarre had a garden urn with entirely charcoal black stalks and blood red flowers, suspected to be crafted by his shadow-weaving. Dame Mnemach calls de Navarre the servant of the Night and claims that he not only uses his shadows for the making of flowers but also spying. De Navarre can also summon shadows capable of murder, called the killing darkness, but the rituals involves larger quantities of human sacrifice and several of his apprentices involved. De Navarre and his circle of apprentices met their ends in agony as the killing darkness turned on them.
See: Dark Ages Clan novel Malkavian and Dark Ages Clan novel Brujah.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:57 am

Exclamation New update on Louhi since I found some new info on her in the V20 companion. Remove old, replace with this:

Louhi
(A World of Darkness, 1st Edition, p. 48, 56; A World of Darkness, 2nd Edition, p. 74, V20 Companion, p. 72)
Possibly a controversial pick, since this 5th Generation Malkavian is taken from the First and Second Edition supplement, A World of Darkness. Ruling Finland—or as they called it, The Land of Darkness—Louhi and her brood work on the construction of a great Thaumaturgical ritual that will permanently blot out the sun. At times allied with and at times feuding with the Brujah who ran the Soviet Union, it is unknown if this ancient mad-woman claims any membership to any specific Sect or not, although there are rumors among the northern Kindred that she is allied with the Sabbat. There are even conspiracists of late that suggests that Stockholm's anarchs now supports and hides Louhi. A modern update on this character might benefit from the suggestion of replacing Thaumaturgy with Abyss Mysticism, or adding it to her repertoire, or that of her brood or allies.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 12:43 am

both taken care of, as well as deleting savviarre.

thanks.

ALSO: Check here for a Poll concerning this Chapter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4