Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements

Where RPG fans can share ideas and work together to create the sourcebooks that the companies never will.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Abyss Guide now has a 4-page Character Sheet, and 6 pages of add-ons!

After a temporary hiatus, the Grey Jackal is back in action!

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chapter 5
Living Silhouettes: Abyssal Archetypes

("Nameless" Templates)
The Abyssal Alchemist (Lasombra)
The Antitribu Keeper (Lasombra Antitribu)
The Arm of the Abyss (Independent Ghoul)
Daddy's Little Girl (Lasombra)
The Dark Dabbler (Kiasyd)
A Dead Man's Tool (Xi Dundu)
The Evil Twin (Lasombra, see below)
The Psychologist (Lasombra)

Appendix I
Shadowed Ones

Shadow Mystics and Other Abyssal Figures

("Named" NPC's, FULL write-up)
Adetokunbo, Childe of the Enshadowed Magus (Tremere)
Agathe De Lannuie, Weirdling Scholar and Ashipu Philosopher (Kiasyd)
Byrsa, the Many Faces of Antiquity (True Brujah)
Cordelia, Serpent of the Night (Serpent of the Light)
Nyx, Goddess of the Night (Lasombra)
Robert de Villeroi, the Fallen Angel (Lasombra Angellis Ater)

("Named" NPC's, PARTIAL write-up)
The Casuli, Avatar of the Abyss (unknown)
Pedro Perez, "Hero" of the Lasombra (Lasombra)
The Greanac, Shadow of Nothing (non-vampire)

The Four Allies
("Named" NPC's, FULL write-up)
Doña Gabriela Juana Reyes de Gibraltar, the Cardinal of Maghreb and Keeper of Secrets (Lasombra)
Force-of-Silence, the Cryptic Shaman (Werewolf/Lupine--NON-MYSTIC)
Vescovo Giovanni, the Model Necromancer (Giovanni--NON-MYSTIC)
Hargos, the Fading Family-Man (Ghost/Wraith--NON-MYSTIC)

Score:
Lasombra Mystics: 9
Non-Lasombra Mystics: 7
Non-Vampire: 2
Non-Mystics: 4

Last edited by Gattison on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:41 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Renamed, reorganized; added Robert de Villeroi, updated; updated)
Back to top Go down
http://gattison13.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage
Gattison
Admin

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 1:34 am

8. oh yeah! and Navarre and Saviarre, too

9. oh yeah, and I also need a page number for Louhi's appearance in AWoD 2nd Edit (not first Edit.)
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:23 pm

10. I already posted something about "Percival, the reluctant Archibishop of Guadalajara. To me, his 5 occult and his part in the Red Sign plot among Giovanni, Tremere, Koldun, Akhu Setite, certainly mean that he's having some Abyssal lore at least.
cf. the Red Sign p.97, 98

At least check it and let me know if you think the same about him
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Hmm... is there anything else about Percival? If you could give me more page numbers that would be good, because so far I don't see any obvious connection to Abyss mysticism. Even with Occult and Obten 5, he doesn't have the Abyss Specialty, so he obviously doesn't have any special knowledge or focus on the Abyss.

On the other hand, from just that one little write-up, it is possible that an ST could decide that Percival's secret that he is keeping from his enemies (presumably the Sabbat in general) is Abyss mysticism, and that is how he would "save all vampires by defying God." the ST could even say his Humanity is so low because he's transitioning between Humanity and the Lightless Path of Night.

More specific info linking Percival to the Abyss would be nice though, if there is any.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 2:30 am

Felipe is quoted from page 48 in the beginning of th Abyss's Children and Almira on page 93, listed as Weinstein's Sire and also named as an Abyss Mystic on page 92. Clanbook Lasombra ofc.

Banjoko is on page 27 and 46 in Caine's Chosen.

Louhi is on page 48 and 56 in the WoD from 1992 and on 74/75 in WoD from 1996.

Can I ask you, are these page numbers for you to put in the book or just for you to double check the sources? If it's the first then we have alot of extra work ahead of us. I feel sorry for the guy who has to check every page Moncada is mentioned in for example, and how about the novels...

Last edited by Anda on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 2:34 am

Anarch has been very helpful and put together a list of Lasombra's Childer. So Montano and Gratiano can be erased from previous list of Possible Abyss Mystics.

Lasombra's childer

Closest in the blood to the King of Shadows, these are the heirs to dark heritage indeed.

Not nescesserlily Abyss mystics, but
brought into undeath by the Lasombra antedeluvian, the Lasombra
methuselahs might be the closest to grasping a fragment of the nature of
the progenitor, and by extent undestanding the great darkness – called
the Abyss - it claimed for itself.

Montano – the first childe of the
antedeluvian to survive it's attention, Montano is the eldest Lasombra
in the world. Acting as the will of the antedeluvian during the ages,
Montano chosed to honor his agreement with his sire beyond the
antedeuvian's death, and allied with the Camarilla against Gratiano and
his conspirators in the nascent Sabbat movement.

Montano knows for a fact that his mastery
of the Abyss is without competition. He tried to tutor several of his
siblings in the dark arts, but there were always powers that only age
could grant. Montano knews that he is the only one old and powerful
enough to enter the Abyss without his body, for instance.

(Children of the Inquisition, Clanbook
Lasombra, Dark Ages Vampire, Guide to the High Clans, the Lasombra
Trilogy, Encyclopedia Vampirica, Libellus Sanguinis I, etc.)

Boukephos – junior to Montano but
senior to Gratiano, Boukephos was still a force to be reckoned with in
the Lasombra hierarchy. To the young cainites during the War of Princes,
Boukephos was the one of their elders with his feet in that century.
Like his sire, Boukephos was a notorius wandeerer, often traveling or
were abscent from politics while educating his childer and grandchilder
(all the way down to his great- grandchilder, as Talley the Hound can
verify).

Boukephos is one of three elder Lasombra
that knows the level 9 discipline power of Tchernabog, and was
concidered one of the true masters of Obtenebration (Lasombra and
Montano being the two others). There are sources claiming Boukephos
destroyed in the conflict between the Camarilla and the Sabbat that
raged through the eastern seabord of the U.S. in the end of the second
millenium.

(Clan Novel Lasombra, Lasombra Trilogy, Encyclopedia Vampirica, Libellus Sanguinis I, etc.)

Gratiano – the great Rebel that
orchestred the coup at the Castle of Shadows, and supposedly killed the
Lasombra antedeluvian. Gratiano was the last offspring of the Founder,
embraced shortly prior to the War of Princes. Gratiano's deeds led the
remade Lasombra Clan through the Anarch Revolt and into the Sabbat.
Archbishop in Rio de Janeiro close to the second millenium, but he
admits one place don't usally holds his attention for long.

Montano admits that “Gratiano delighted in the routine use of Abyss mysticism and related powers”.

(Children of the Inquisition, Clanbook
Lasombra, Dark Ages Vampire, Guide to the High Clans, the Lasombra
Trilogy, Encyclopedia Vampirica, Libellus Sanguinis I, etc.)

Sybil – embraced Lucius Aelius
Sejanus (later known as Marcus Vitel) in Rome around the death of
Christ, and commanded him to go forth to counquer and rule. Called ”the
American” by some Sabbat that know of her. Vitel found a aguerreotype-photo
of her in the 60's, implying that she was still around pretty recently.
Encyclopedia Vampirica suggests that she is probably a direct childe to
the antedeluvian.

(Washington D.C. By Night, Encyclopedia Vampirica)

Tersa” - sire to the noddist Nahir
and direct childe to the Lasombra antedeluvian. Everything about her
life and unlife in unknown to this point, but it's worth noting that
”Tersa” is an Italian short version of the greek name Teresa.

(Lair of the Hidden)

Karotos – childe of the Lasombra
antedeluvian and the progenitor of Lucita's line. Sire to Cleobolus, who
is the sire of Silvester de Ruiz, who is the the sire of the infamous
Monçada - sire to Lucita of Aragon.

(Lasombra Triology)

Khanom Mehr – Mentioned by Lucita as
one of the direct childer of the founder whom made her haven in the
Castle of Shadows during the attack that killed the Lasombra
antedeluvian. The Lasombra have multiple accounts of her first claiming
to surrender to the attackers, and then striking at them. She did not
survive the encounter with the Lasombra anarchs and their Assamite
allies.

(Lasombra Trilogy)

Tepelit – like his sire, Tepelit did
not survive the great revolt. He perished at the hands of an Assamite,
one of Fatima al-Faqadi's acquaintances. Artifacts from his haven now
belongs to the Assamites. It's worth noting that Tepelit is a Masai
name.

(Lasombra Trilogy)

Blue Eye – Lucita once delivered a
letter to him far off on the steppes. Blue Eye hadn't visited the castle
for over 200 years when the coup fell, and cainites of Gratiano's age
probably never met him.

(Lasombra Trilogy)

Funky old Bishop – as Montano
searched for any other surviving childer of the Founder in the modern
nights, he discovered only empty havens. But there was one case where a
pack of Sabbat laired, not suspecting that “the 'funky old Bishop'
they'd destroyed was quite a bit more than she'd seemed”. This cainite
might of course be the same cainite as someone we know with another
name, for example Sybil or “Tersa”.

(Lasombra Trilogy)

Tubalcain – in torpor under his
former haven in Ostia Antica during the Dark Ages. Rival of the Ventrue
methuselah Mithras. Knows the level 9 discipline power of Dominate
called ”Dominate the Descendants”. It's worth noting that the biblical
Tubal-cain is the son of Zillah and Lamech, son of Methushael, son of
Mehujael, son of Irad, son of Enoch, son of Cain – names that have some
relevance to vampires indeed.

(Guide to the High Clans)
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:59 am

Anda wrote:
Felipe is quoted from page 48 in the beginning of th Abyss's Children and Almira on page 93, listed as Weinstein's Sire and also named as an Abyss Mystic on page 92. Clanbook Lasombra ofc.

Banjoko is on page 27 and 46 in Caine's Chosen.

Louhi is on page 48 and 56 in the WoD from 1992 and on 74/75 in WoD from 1996.

Can I ask you, are these page numbers for you to put in the book or just for you to double check the sources? If it's the first then we have alot of extra work ahead of us. I feel sorry for the guy who has to check every page Moncada is mentioned in for example, and how about the novels...
they are to put in the book, and no, I have not been putting page numbers for the novels. I also wasn't planning on using page numbers for Moncada, specifically, either, because like you said, there's so much to cite. I mean, I'll probably cite the page number from Children of the Night, and any other time he appeared with stats, but otherwise, the book alone should be enough... unless of course we actually can provide page numbers for him as we go. The point I'm trying to make is, it's not a big deal to me if those specific items you mentioned go without page numbers, I think the audience will understand. =)

As for your (or _anarch's) list, tell him thanks again, that will finish up our Lasombra's Childer section, unless I'm missing something.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:09 am

Gattison wrote:

As for your (or _anarch's) list, tell him thanks again, that will finish up our Lasombra's Childer section, unless I'm missing something.

Nope, that should be it Smile
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 8:16 am

Gattison wrote:

3. Isn't Francisco Domingo de Polonia a Bishop of some place?

As far as I know, he's a Cardinal now over the Eastern American Territories. According to World of Darkness from 1996 he was archbishop of New York. According to Children of the Night he lost New York but his main goal is to retake it.
I wasn't aware of the fact that Polonia was mentioned with stats and all on pages 8-9 in 2nd edition WoD. I now know Enthuselah's source for Moncada being Polonia's confessor. Interesting also is that in this book he has Occult 4, but in Children of the Night he has only 1. This is probably something we could mention in that sidebar of his.

oh, and New York by night states that Polonia's rulership as Archbishop lasted between 1761-1998. Pretty darn long time.
Page 97-98 in new york by night also contains stats on Polonia, only 1 in Occult.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:42 am

Gattison wrote:
Hmm... is there anything else about Percival? If you could give me more page numbers that would be good, because so far I don't see any obvious connection to Abyss mysticism. Even with Occult and Obten 5, he doesn't have the Abyss Specialty, so he obviously doesn't have any special knowledge or focus on the Abyss.

I haven't got my hands on The Red Sign book yet so I can't really speak on it this one, but if it's just the case that he got high occult and high obtenebration then I think it isn't enough.
I spotted Fatima Al-Lam'a in Cairo by Night which has Occult 5, Obtenebration 6 and homie of Zarathustra - but I haven't written down her cuz there is nothing that points her out to be an Abyss Mystic.
I think we are looking for characters who is actually stated as Abyss Mystics or characters who in their stories has some type of strong ties to shadowy powers out of the ordinary - not looking at stats and try to form their concepts after our wishes.
Again, I can't judge if that's the case with Percival yet, I'll see if I can get my hands on the Red Sign later this week to form an opinion.

-----------

Edit: I've read about Percival in The Red Sign book now and in my opinion there really isn't anything that connects him to abyss mysticism without us making too much up. However, since I haven't read the whole chronicle it's perhaps hard for me to understand the possiblities that you see there Agathe. I, for example, don't know what the ruins of Teotihuacán is about and what one might learn from such place with archeology.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 am

Another one for the Possible Abyss Mystics list:

Mania - Known as the Sorceress of Baghdad, this 8th generation Qabilat al-Khayal certainly has some dark tricks up her sleave. Rumoured to be trapped between the two great rivers; the Tigris and Euphrates, Mania has set up her little shop in the backstreets of Baghdad's western half. Has been descibed as everything from spirits to demons, it is quite unclear of what beings Mania really is summoning through her dark alchemy. Of course in Ashirra territory one can assume that her Zoroastrian faith alone could condemn her as an infernalist.
See: Veil of Night, pages 87 and 99-100.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 4:33 pm

and another one that me and anarch wrote (for the possibly mystic section):

Esperanza Lucifer
Lets make it clear, when we are addressing Esperanza Lucifer we are in fact
talking about the Elder cainite known by that name, not her Childe portraying
her in modern nights. Captain upon the pirate vessel - the Devil's Darling -
Esperanza made a career bloody enough to enter the legends of the damned. It is
said that Esperanza was taken into clan Lasombra by an unknown vampire of great
power that arose from the depths of the ocean, possibly a Methuselah or even
the Antedeluvian itself. Under the tutelage of her Sire, Esperanza Lucifer
mastered the discipline of Obtenebration, but also showed skills beyond the
normal when she summoned the mythical Kraken. This abyssal behemoth crafted by
shadow and evil accepted the offering in blood that were Esperanza's enemies
and carried out her orders just like it had been commanded by her Sire in the
ages past.
See: Children of the Revolution,
pages 117-121
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Hmm, in the abyss book you changed a thing about Banjoko from anarch's original text. You have rewritten it into that Montano mentored him which is untrue, it was his Sire who mentored him (who is not the same as Montano). See the original text below:

Banjoko aka Francisco Ruiz
Acting Seraph of the Black Hand. Descendant of the Lasombra (antitribu) Methuselah Montano.
Mentored by his sire on the Path of Night and Abyss mysticism, but instead turned to embrace Hand and Sabbat politics.
It
is unknown in which extent Banjoko mastered the secrets of the Abyss,
but he remains in good reputation with noddists and other occult minds
(and the Lasombra).
(Caine's Chosen: the Black Hand)

Another thing we might wanna change is that Gratiano is written as current Arch Bishop of Rio de Janero. We don't know that. What we do know is that he was Arch Bishop in 1999.

Also anarch wants to apologize for misspelling Antediluvian through the entire section of Lasombra's childer. Would you please correct that on his behalf? Smile

Oh and Setite is still spelled with just one t Razz
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Mania: she may have dabbled in Abyss mysticism, or have just a basic rudimentary knowledge of it, but nothing really suggests she has anything particular to do with the abyss. In fact, it would seem she's most likely a Thaumaturge with Spirit manipulation or something or a amateur infernalist.

As for Esperanza the elder, there's nothing really to make me assume she's an Abyss mystic herself, though her sire was definitely the (an?) Antediluvian. The entry in CotR was about Esperanza the younger, who is 5th Gen. That means her sire, the original Esperanza (the elder) would be 4th Gen. Therefore, logically, only a 3rd Gen could have been responsible for Embracing the original Esperanza. This makes me think that Kraken Summoning is actually an 8th Level Power of Obtenebration, probably known previously to only the Ante.

Conspiracy theory: In his travels, Gratiano, who was probably coerced by the soul of [Lasombra] himself within his own blood, arose from the ocean and purposely chose "Mary" to become Esperanza (the elder/original) in order to resurrect the lost power of Kraken Summoning.

On the other hand, Giovanni Clanbook 2nd Edition (p. 36) claims the Cappadocian and Giovanni Methuselahs under Venice (who are all loyal to Clan Giovanni) can also summon the Kraken.

Thank-you for pointing out the corrections in the Abyss Mystics sections, I would never have realized them probably. =)

So what do you mean when you say "Possible Abyss Mystic?" Are you simply suggesting canon characters that would serve as decent Abyss-tic characters? Or are these characters that you think are actually practicing Abyss-ism, even though it's not stated?
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:55 am

Ok so what do I mean when I say possible abyss mystic? I mean characters that could very well be abyss mystics, it is just not proven. That's why there also is the following short text about them that could clerify why they are on the list. There needs to more than just high occult/obtenebration stats to make the list, it actually gotta be in the character's story something to work with.

Now for Mania, there is no stats given for her so we don't know if she has thaumaturgy, infernalism, necromancy, Dur-an Ki or possibly abyss mysticism. Her story speaks about Demonic practises, something Abyss Mysticism surely can be considered, especially in Muslim territory. We know that she practice some sort of strange alchemy, I think a storyteller could easily use that as abyssal alchemy. The fact that she is Khabilat Al-Khayal makes me assume Abyss Mysticism over any of the other disciplines though. But that is why she is in the possible abyss mystic section, I think there is alot in her concept that could point her to be an abyss mystic, but I can't prove it.

As for Esperanza, I really didn't understand how you could say that nothing ties her to abyss mysticism until I read the other thread you commented on today. It all comes down to the Kraken and our view upon that creature. Me and anarch view the creature as a summoned abyssal creature, it is said that it comes from "elsewhere". As I understand it, you want to make it out as a more earthly creature, even a vampire childe.
Now if the Kraken is a monster summoned from the abyss you can see how the power to summon it stretches further than just normal Obtenebration and would probably be an abyss mystic ritual of some sort.
But if the Kraken is not from the abyss, and more the monster that you want to make it out as then I see how you would disagree. Thing is, I don't necisserily agree with you on that point.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:37 pm

Alright, I now see more clearly why you selected these NPC's. Thanks =)

For Mania, I think some of the explanation you just gave me could be added to your earlier description of her, just to make things a bit clearer for others, like me. =) For instance the way you explained possible demonic practices being mistaken for infernalism by the Ashirra, was a good idea, and also the alchemy point you brought up. I'm not saying your previous description of Mania sucked, it was good, but adding those two facts could hurt it at all, imho.

For Esperanza, this is just my personal belief, it's not something I am willing to argue as canon, nor am I really trying to push my ideas on the book or other players, I just wanted to know what you thought. I should also specify that I do not the believe that the Kraken is just a physical monster. Before or during the Great Deluge (if my theory is correct) then it was once a physical giant squid, but after 5+ millennia or so of being what [Lasombra] made it into, it is now essentially an avatar of the Abyss. (in my mind, it is a Lasombra ghoul or vampire + giant squid, meaning it has Obtenebration, but with only an animal mind to control itself, it probably let itself merge to closely with the Abyss for any sentient mind to handle. Hence the reason [Lasombra] created the Kraken, to serve as a "gateway'/envoy of the Abyss on Earth. So I actually agree with you, the Kraken is an Abyssal creature who probably swims back and forth between the Ocean Depths, the Abyss and maybe even the Deep Umbra. Not to mention that I haven't yet figured the Chulorviasi (sp?) into my little theory yet.

Also, I just realized that Esperanza (the Second) has ZERO Occult and only THREE for Intelligence. Her dice pool for Obtenebration and Abyss-ism rolls would only be three. Another reason for me to believe that Esperanza (the Second) could not summon the Kraken like her sire and grandsire. Also, she only has Obtenebration of 5. So I would say if Esperanza (the Second) could summon the Kraken, they would have given her the means to do so. Therefore Kraken Summoning is (most likely) a Level 9 Obtenebration power, or possibly a level 8 or 9 Ritual (keep in mind Clan Giovanni can fiddle around with the Kraken too).

I only bring this stuff up so that we represent the Kraken appropriately, so I want to discuss the "doubts" I have in our dark faith, lol. =)
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Sure thing, I'll expand Mania's description a bit to clarify it. queen

Cool, how are you planning on writing the Kraken for the section about abyssal creatures? I mean, will you add your theory to it, add the theory as a sidebar thing or ignore it and just write what we know about the creature?
Personally I would go with the latest alternative it wasn't for the fact that the Giovanni has been able to summon the beast. Maybe it swims into the lands of death too, hehe. I have no way to explain that really... Maybe we should treat it as a strictly abyssal creature and add a sidebar discussing if the Giovanni Kraken is the same beast as the abyssal one? I dunno... I think you can do something cool with it regardless how you go about it. But I think it's important to push the fact that it's described as made out of shadow and evil.
Now as for Esperanza, do you accept her as a possible abyss mystic?
By the way, there is a discussion on the official forums about her. Click here
Oh and yeah, Esperanza the younger is useless, and in my opinion wouldn't be able to summon the Kraken. I don't think the story mentions her to be able to either, however... check the white wolf forums and make up your mind about what you think Esperanza the Elder's generation might've been. If the younger commited amarath then the Elder would also be a generation 5, which could be important for your ritual level. Just a thought. Wink
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:51 am

Fixed Mania, see if you think it's better and easier to understand why she made the list.

Mania - Known as the Sorceress of Baghdad, this 8th
generation Qabilat al-Khayal certainly has some dark tricks up her sleeve. Rumored
to be trapped between the two great rivers; the Tigris and Euphrates, Mania has
set up her little shop in the backstreets of Baghdad's western half where she
practice some sort of mysterious alchemy. Many say that the old hag is an
infernalist even though the "things" that she summons has
been described as spirits as often as demons. Maybe we can guess that in a strong
Ashirra territory Abyss Mysticism could easily be considered a form of demon
practice. Mania's unwavering faith in the old Zoroastrian ways probably isn't
helping her case either.
See: Veil of Night, pages 87
and 99-100.
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:57 pm

I just wanted to say that this section is an amazing research job and it's very useful - congratulations people!
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 11:13 am

Very Happy Thank you, this is my favorite part of the book. I think me and anarch will finish it up soon, so if you think there is anyone missing on the list, fill us in. I'm considering doing some lead pencil sketches of some of them as well, much like the later Dark Ages books presented their NPCs, nothing too advanced but stylish. I already made a sketch of Mania, but I'll reveal it when I've done a few and can decide if I think it looks good or not.
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Great! I can't wait to see them!

I'll try to think if there's anyone missing, but I doubt it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Changing the Subject   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:08 pm

So we need quotes for two of our Character Templates, the Antitribu Keeper and the Psychologist. Here are my proposals:

Antitribu Keeper:
"Are you your brother's blood? Then yes you are your brother's keeper!"

Psychologist:
"You can act as horrible as you want, I won't be impressed. I've seen darker."
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Bump.

Anda, this has become pretty much your realm of expertise (remember when you used to call you the bloody earthquake guy?), so, what do you think about letting Boof submit some Suspected Abyss Mystics? We can of course "yae" or "nay" his submissions after we read them, but I see no real reason for us to just be like, no. Despite his preference for VTES canon.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:07 am

Lets see what he can bring to the table, and if it wouldn't suit what we are doing we just have to scratch it. I wouldn't mind to fill out the list with some VtES-characters.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:32 pm

Gattison wrote:
So we need quotes for two of our Character Templates, the Antitribu Keeper and the Psychologist. Here are my proposals:

Antitribu Keeper:
"Are you your brother's blood? Then yes you are your brother's keeper!"

Psychologist:
"You can act as horrible as you want, I won't be impressed. I've seen darker."
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:37 pm

Anarch has given his thumbs up for his character concept, he liked it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)   CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 5 & APPENDIX I: Templates & NPC's (aka, Players & Haters)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next