Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements

Where RPG fans can share ideas and work together to create the sourcebooks that the companies never will.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Abyss Guide now has a 4-page Character Sheet, and 6 pages of add-ons!

After a temporary hiatus, the Grey Jackal is back in action!

Lost Koldunic Ways

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
valismedsen

valismedsen

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:20 pm

This is me trying to create the Way of Blood implied on some Tzimisce character sheets (notably, Velya and Dracula). My designer intentions were that it resembled somewhat the Path of Blood, that it had something to do with the blood-related Sanguinus powers from the Blood Brothers, that it had Blood Bonds as a core theme, and that it could offer a means of possibly creating Revenants (or at least Damphirs).

A lot, I know…
So, I wanted some friendly input before going to the WW forum.

I need some suggestions.
I’m quite happy with level 1 (a bastardization of a Tzimisce ability available to those of Path8+, according to the Revised Clanbook p.42).
Level 2 (based on Sanguinus 1) might need some tweaking, mechanically and conceptually.
I’m satisfied conceptually with level 3 (based on some cool visuals from the Countess Carmilla, who also practiced a mean Way of Spirit, in Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust), but perhaps the mechanics need some tweaking.
My level 4 is basically Sanguinus level 4 for those under a Blood Bond. I’m open to suggestions here. Is it too powerful?
Level 5 is based on the Path of Blood (level 4), but I’d like use this power to allow a Koldun to temporarily change his Generation to 15th so he can have a damphir. What do you think?

The Way of Blood
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:41 am

While I'm no expert, I still like it. =) I like the feel that this is one of the first, or biggest secrets of the Tzimisce, and is actually crucial to them as part of the identity of their clan.

I can even see alot of the themes you used and why... except for one, which may just be my own ignorance. Why is Blood Bonds the theme? is that a theme that is important to Tzimisce? is it just a good idea you had to link the other elements of Tzimisce unlife that you wanted to bring together? lol I honestly don't know

Quote :
The Way of Blood
[spoiler][size=18]Vampires feed on blood and share an intimate relationship with it. Although the elemental Ways are the staple of Koldunic Sorcery, Tzimisce and blood are old acquaintances. Masters of Vicissitude can transform their whole bodies into blood and the spilling of blood is a primary element of pagan rituals and witchcraft. Tzimisce have studied and manipulated blood for untold ages, boiling it on blackened witches cauldrons or distilling it on mad alchemical laboratories. Some have observed blood diseases flourish (some even cultivate it), while others have bred Revenant families for eons and tampered with vampire blood (Nosferatu, for instance), manipulating mortal and supernatural bloodlines through the very essence of their veins and the legacies inherited within. Both the infamous Vald Dracula and the respected Cardinal Velya the Flayer are said to be masters of this Way, believed to have been created by the Mathuselah Yorak through his studies on the Cathedral of Flesh or even by the Eldest itself. This Way is also linked in myths to the Fire Flower.
The Path of Blood from Tremere Thaumaturgy has some similarities to the powers of the Way of Blood, but Tzimice familiarity with creating and abusing the Blood Bond is the main theme of this Way. Kolduns simply say that the Path of Blood results from the ill-understood attempt of Usurpers to steal their magic. Some Kolduns wonder if mastery of the Way of Blood has been the method of creation of the Revenants, and suggest that the workings of blood and Blood Bonds advanced by this Way were fundamental to the creation of the Blood Brothers and their signature discipline, Sanguinus. Certainly, some powers of the Way of Blood resonate deeply within those Sanguinus powers related to blood instead of mere flesh.
Attribute: Intelligence
First off, excellent intro, I loved all the name-dropping, inspired and creative (again, heh).

valismedsen wrote:
Level 2 (based on Sanguinus 1) might need some tweaking, mechanically and conceptually.

•• Partaking Blood
The blood bond is a deep experience not to be taken lightly. It draws part of the Regnant’s being inside the Thrall’s soul through the blood flowing on his veins. A Koldun can use this connection to share his blood with those under his power. The Koldun can transfer his blood to anyone he shares a Blood Bond with.
System: The Koldun must touch a target Blood Bonded to him, transferring a number of his blood points to the target up to the limit allowed by the Koldun’s Generation. Blood Points spent on this manner can be used to heal wounds or increase Physical Attributes, but not to power Disciplines. The Koldun can spend five points to heal a Thrall’s aggravated wound (over the course of several turns, if needed by Generational limits). This power takes effect automatically; no roll is necessary. Blood spent by the Koldun does not count against the maximum amount of vitae the target character can spend per turn, but it does count as if the target fed on the Koldun.
Perhaps allow the blood to be used by the recipient on Disciplines, but--similarly to how writing a ritual in blood reduces the author's/caster's Blood Pool MAX by 1, as if that Blood Point in their body were literally somewhere else--the donor's Blood Pool is limited until the recipient uses/spends the BPs. ...Perhaps with a WP roll the donor can forcefully retrieve donated BPs?

That's all I got, there.

Quote :
I’m satisfied conceptually with level 3 (based on some cool visuals from the Countess Carmilla, who also practiced a mean Way of Spirit, in Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust), but perhaps the mechanics need some tweaking.

••• The Countess' Blood Bath
This power is said to have originated the Sabbat practice of the Blood Bath and the rampage for blood of the Blood Countess, Elizabeth Bathory (sometimes believed to be Priscus Sascha Vykos in disguise). Spilled blood on the Koldun’s presence doesn’t dry and is attracted to the Koldun as if drawn by a magnetic force. It will even defy gravity dripping up walls, running in streams up to a higher ground or flying through the air. When it reaches the Koldun it will be instantly absorbed the moment it comes into contact with his skin. Kolduns with knowledge of this power are fearsome combatants, because they get stronger merely by spilling the blood of their enemies, which forms a torrent in the Koldun’s direction.
System: Merely by seeing (or sensing through other senses) any quantity of blood outside any sealed container or organism (even if still touching said organism, like blood dripping from a wound), a Koldun may wish for the blood to come into his direction as a reflexive action. All blood spilled on an area equal to the Koldun’s permanent Willpower in meters or yards can be thus affected. The blood travels roughly at one meter or yard per turn, but the closer it is to the Koldun the faster it travels. Blood arriving on or spilled around an area of less than one meter reaches the Koldun on the same turn. The Koldun can also consume any blood that comes into contact with his bare skin through osmosis. Besides, blood on the Koldun’s presence never coagulates, goes stale or dilutes in other substances, unless the Koldun allows it. This power is always in effect, requires no roll and has no cost. If a large volume of blood comes into contact with him, assume the Koldun can consume 5 Blood Points per turn.
First of all this power is too bad-ass to be free. Maybe if it were Level 4 or 5, but at three, it should at least have a cost, to be activated once per scene... maybe something like 4 BP + 1 WP? The Willpower point is to keep it from being abused, because all blood spent is essentially (hopefully) regained almost immediately.

Otherwise--love it! Love the source, and it actually reminds me of a question, off-topic.

Quote :
My level 4 is basically Sanguinus level 4 for those under a Blood Bond. I’m open to suggestions here. Is it too powerful?

•••• Empower the Champion
A Koldun can control his own blood potency, lending some of his strength to his Thralls, effectively lowering their Generation to allow for greater feats of vitae expenditure. Voivodes of old were said to empower their champions and send them to deadly combat.
System: The Koldun touches a Blood Bonded target, spends a Willpower point and a variable amount of Blood Points. Each Blood Point spent allows the Koldun to increase his effective Generation one step by lending the potency to a Thrall. The Thrall’s Generation can be decreased up to a limit of the Koldun’s original Generation. This effect remains for one hour per success on a Intelligence + Occult roll (difficulty 7).
It seems only slightly over-powerful, to me (but wtf do I know sometimes?). Perhaps another requirement on the Thrall, so that this power does not work on every Thrall, but only a certain one, or few? (For instance, any Thrall who has been under the influence of a Blood Bond affected by Way of Blood for 1 year or more? or something like that?)

Quote :
Level 5 is based on the Path of Blood (level 4), but I’d like use this power to allow a Koldun to temporarily change his Generation to 15th so he can have a damphir. What do you think?

••••• Scoff at the Curse of Caine
This power is based on an outgrown of the same principles through which the previous power works, giving a Koldun greater control over his blood potency. There are two possible applications of this power: the Koldun can make his blood more powerful for a short time, effectively lowering his own Generation temporarily once per night. Alternatively, he can rise his Generation, making his blood potency so thin that he emulates certain characteristics of the thin-blooded. While the benefits of lowering one’s own Generation are obvious, careful Koldun who plan ahead to account for the inherent weakness of thin-bloodedness and patiently bid their time can produce offspring – an advantage that Tzimisce from ancient times have put to good use in the form of the Revenant families.
System: This power costs a Blood Point. One success on the Intelligence + Occult (difficulty 8 ) roll allows the Koldun to lower his Generation by one step for one hour. Each additional success grants the Koldun either one step down in Generation or one hour of effect. Successes earned must be spent both to decrease the Koldun’s Generation and to maintain the change (this power cannot be activated again until the original application wears off). Once the effect wears off, any blood over the character’s blood pool maximum dilutes, leaving the character at his regular blood pool maximum. If the vampire is diablerized while this power is in effect, it wears off immediately and the diablerist gains power appropriate to the caster’s actual Generation. Furthermore, any mortals Embraced by the Koldun are born to the Generation appropriate to their Sire’s original Generation.
Alternatively, by simply spending both a Blood Point and a Willpower point, the Koldun can lower his Generation to an equivalent of 15th until dawn. His vitae becomes so weak that the Koldun maximum Blood Pool becomes 10, but only six of these 10 blood points can be used for Disciplines, healing or raising Attributes. For these functions, the Koldun must also expend two Blood Points to obtain the effect a normal vampire would achieve with one. The Koldun can use the remaining four blood points to survive through the day and wake up each night, nothing more. (The cost for nightly rising remains a single blood point.) While under this effect the Koldun’s blood cannot be used to create or sustain ghouls, create a blood bond, or Sire a vampiric childe. The Koldun also cannot raise or use any Discipline above three dots (with the exception of the Way of Blood level 5 solely for the purpose of resetting this Thin-Blooded state at each dawn). The weakening of the Curse of Caine has compensations, though. Sunlight does lethal damage to the Koldun, instead of aggravated damage as it does to other vampires. The Koldun can hold down mortal food and drink for an hour or so; while other vampires vomit immediately if they try. Strangest of all, once in a while a Koldun might actually have a child the normal, human way. All fertile sexual encounters the Koldun engages on have a 50% chance of resulting in pregnancy for the female mortal (roll a die). If the female mortal is kept under the Blood Bond and as a Ghoul for the remaining of her pregnancy (9 months), the child has a 50% chance of being born a Damphir (roll a die).
A Tzimisce who was born as a woman can benefit from this power with her own advantages and disadvantages. She has 100% chance both of getting pregnant and birthing a Damphir, but she has to keep her blood thin through the whole pregnancy term, spending a Willpower point and a Blood Point at each dawn. If she fails to do so she miscarries. This vitae expenditure is beyond the normal cost of waking each night, but is exempt from the Thin-Blood doubled cost weakness.
A Damphis is a Revenant without Family Disciplines or Family Weakness, although if the mortal parent is from a Revenant Family the Damphir has a 50% chance of inheriting either one or both traits (roll a die separately for the Family Discipline spread and the Family Weakness). The Damphir is born under a Blood Bond with the Koldun.
I kinda like it. This power could also be used as a means of hiding one's true Generation, and thus identity. Useful when hiding from hunters of any sort using anything but mundane methods.

What other benefits are there of having a dhampir, as a heartless Tzimisce devil? Beside Revenants, is there something implied about the mutability of Vicissitude as a means of avoiding the body's complete destruction? In other words, is it possible for a Fiend to abandon their own body and use a Dhampir "relative's" body as his new one? All because of super-scary Vicissitude? Or is that reaching?

In the above scenario, would the vampiric Tzimisce blood be able to remain "intact" and stand on it's own, thus ensuring a piece of them always survives, or would that blood be subsumed into whatever human host it ended up in (without being enchanted in some other way beforehand, of course)?

Back on-point, this power allows semi-mortality, yes, but are the end results more of a Level 5 Effect than the Level 4 power you chose? Or does it maybe just appear that way to me because mechanics and such remain unadjusted as of yet?

So, there's my opinion (yes) and feedback (huh).
Back to top Go down
http://gattison13.deviantart.com/
valismedsen

valismedsen

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:57 am

Gattison wrote:
While I'm no expert, I still like it. =) I like the feel that this is one of the first, or biggest secrets of the Tzimisce, and is actually crucial to them as part of the identity of their clan.

I can even see alot of the themes you used and why... except for one, which may just be my own ignorance. Why is Blood Bonds the theme? is that a theme that is important to Tzimisce? is it just a good idea you had to link the other elements of Tzimisce unlife that you wanted to bring together? lol I honestly don't know

Before the Sabbat, Old World Tzimisce relied on Blood Bonds a lot. The Tzimisce Anarchs were the ones that came up with the Vaulderie to break blonds exactly for that reason. However, Tzimisce blood bonding their childer in abusive relationships was kinda downplayed in Dark Ages Vampire, where it became common to all High Clans to do that.

Gattison wrote:

Quote :
The Way of Blood
[spoiler][size=18]Vampires feed on blood and share an intimate relationship with it. Although the elemental Ways are the staple of Koldunic Sorcery, Tzimisce and blood are old acquaintances. Masters of Vicissitude can transform their whole bodies into blood and the spilling of blood is a primary element of pagan rituals and witchcraft. Tzimisce have studied and manipulated blood for untold ages, boiling it on blackened witches cauldrons or distilling it on mad alchemical laboratories. Some have observed blood diseases flourish (some even cultivate it), while others have bred Revenant families for eons and tampered with vampire blood (Nosferatu, for instance), manipulating mortal and supernatural bloodlines through the very essence of their veins and the legacies inherited within. Both the infamous Vald Dracula and the respected Cardinal Velya the Flayer are said to be masters of this Way, believed to have been created by the Mathuselah Yorak through his studies on the Cathedral of Flesh or even by the Eldest itself. This Way is also linked in myths to the Fire Flower.
The Path of Blood from Tremere Thaumaturgy has some similarities to the powers of the Way of Blood, but Tzimice familiarity with creating and abusing the Blood Bond is the main theme of this Way. Kolduns simply say that the Path of Blood results from the ill-understood attempt of Usurpers to steal their magic. Some Kolduns wonder if mastery of the Way of Blood has been the method of creation of the Revenants, and suggest that the workings of blood and Blood Bonds advanced by this Way were fundamental to the creation of the Blood Brothers and their signature discipline, Sanguinus. Certainly, some powers of the Way of Blood resonate deeply within those Sanguinus powers related to blood instead of mere flesh.
Attribute: Intelligence

First off, excellent intro, I loved all the name-dropping, inspired and creative (again, heh).

Thanks!

Gattison wrote:

valismedsen wrote:

•• Partaking Blood
The blood bond is a deep experience not to be taken lightly. It draws part of the Regnant’s being inside the Thrall’s soul through the blood flowing on his veins. A Koldun can use this connection to share his blood with those under his power. The Koldun can transfer his blood to anyone he shares a Blood Bond with.
System: The Koldun must touch a target Blood Bonded to him, transferring a number of his blood points to the target up to the limit allowed by the Koldun’s Generation. Blood Points spent on this manner can be used to heal wounds or increase Physical Attributes, but not to power Disciplines. The Koldun can spend five points to heal a Thrall’s aggravated wound (over the course of several turns, if needed by Generational limits). This power takes effect automatically; no roll is necessary. Blood spent by the Koldun does not count against the maximum amount of vitae the target character can spend per turn, but it does count as if the target fed on the Koldun.

Perhaps allow the blood to be used by the recipient on Disciplines, but--similarly to how writing a ritual in blood reduces the author's/caster's Blood Pool MAX by 1, as if that Blood Point in their body were literally somewhere else--the donor's Blood Pool is limited until the recipient uses/spends the BPs. ...Perhaps with a WP roll the donor can forcefully retrieve donated BPs?

That's all I got, there.

Humm, not exactly what I was aiming for... what if it could be used regardless of distance, like the Sanguinus power? This would be an effective way of keeping one's own ghouls carrying out orders over far lands. Perhaps spend a Willpower point if the target cannot be seen or touched?

Gattison wrote:

Quote :

••• The Countess' Blood Bath
This power is said to have originated the Sabbat practice of the Blood Bath and the rampage for blood of the Blood Countess, Elizabeth Bathory (sometimes believed to be Priscus Sascha Vykos in disguise). Spilled blood on the Koldun’s presence doesn’t dry and is attracted to the Koldun as if drawn by a magnetic force. It will even defy gravity dripping up walls, running in streams up to a higher ground or flying through the air. When it reaches the Koldun it will be instantly absorbed the moment it comes into contact with his skin. Kolduns with knowledge of this power are fearsome combatants, because they get stronger merely by spilling the blood of their enemies, which forms a torrent in the Koldun’s direction.
System: Merely by seeing (or sensing through other senses) any quantity of blood outside any sealed container or organism (even if still touching said organism, like blood dripping from a wound), a Koldun may wish for the blood to come into his direction as a reflexive action. All blood spilled on an area equal to the Koldun’s permanent Willpower in meters or yards can be thus affected. The blood travels roughly at one meter or yard per turn, but the closer it is to the Koldun the faster it travels. Blood arriving on or spilled around an area of less than one meter reaches the Koldun on the same turn. The Koldun can also consume any blood that comes into contact with his bare skin through osmosis. Besides, blood on the Koldun’s presence never coagulates, goes stale or dilutes in other substances, unless the Koldun allows it. This power is always in effect, requires no roll and has no cost. If a large volume of blood comes into contact with him, assume the Koldun can consume 5 Blood Points per turn.

First of all this power is too bad-ass to be free. Maybe if it were Level 4 or 5, but at three, it should at least have a cost, to be activated once per scene... maybe something like 4 BP + 1 WP? The Willpower point is to keep it from being abused, because all blood spent is essentially (hopefully) regained almost immediately.

Otherwise--love it! Love the source, and it actually reminds me of a question, off-topic.

Perhaps one Willpower point per turn of effect?

Gattison wrote:

Quote :

•••• Empower the Champion
A Koldun can control his own blood potency, lending some of his strength to his Thralls, effectively lowering their Generation to allow for greater feats of vitae expenditure. Voivodes of old were said to empower their champions and send them to deadly combat.
System: The Koldun touches a Blood Bonded target, spends a Willpower point and a variable amount of Blood Points. Each Blood Point spent allows the Koldun to increase his effective Generation one step by lending the potency to a Thrall. The Thrall’s Generation can be decreased up to a limit of the Koldun’s original Generation. This effect remains for one hour per success on a Intelligence + Occult roll (difficulty 7).

It seems only slightly over-powerful, to me (but wtf do I know sometimes?). Perhaps another requirement on the Thrall, so that this power does not work on every Thrall, but only a certain one, or few? (For instance, any Thrall who has been under the influence of a Blood Bond affected by Way of Blood for 1 year or more? or something like that?)

I liked your suggestion!

Gattison wrote:

Quote :

••••• Scoff at the Curse of Caine
This power is based on an outgrown of the same principles through which the previous power works, giving a Koldun greater control over his blood potency. There are two possible applications of this power: the Koldun can make his blood more powerful for a short time, effectively lowering his own Generation temporarily once per night. Alternatively, he can rise his Generation, making his blood potency so thin that he emulates certain characteristics of the thin-blooded. While the benefits of lowering one’s own Generation are obvious, careful Koldun who plan ahead to account for the inherent weakness of thin-bloodedness and patiently bid their time can produce offspring – an advantage that Tzimisce from ancient times have put to good use in the form of the Revenant families.
System: This power costs a Blood Point. One success on the Intelligence + Occult (difficulty 8 ) roll allows the Koldun to lower his Generation by one step for one hour. Each additional success grants the Koldun either one step down in Generation or one hour of effect. Successes earned must be spent both to decrease the Koldun’s Generation and to maintain the change (this power cannot be activated again until the original application wears off). Once the effect wears off, any blood over the character’s blood pool maximum dilutes, leaving the character at his regular blood pool maximum. If the vampire is diablerized while this power is in effect, it wears off immediately and the diablerist gains power appropriate to the caster’s actual Generation. Furthermore, any mortals Embraced by the Koldun are born to the Generation appropriate to their Sire’s original Generation.
Alternatively, by simply spending both a Blood Point and a Willpower point, the Koldun can lower his Generation to an equivalent of 15th until dawn. His vitae becomes so weak that the Koldun maximum Blood Pool becomes 10, but only six of these 10 blood points can be used for Disciplines, healing or raising Attributes. For these functions, the Koldun must also expend two Blood Points to obtain the effect a normal vampire would achieve with one. The Koldun can use the remaining four blood points to survive through the day and wake up each night, nothing more. (The cost for nightly rising remains a single blood point.) While under this effect the Koldun’s blood cannot be used to create or sustain ghouls, create a blood bond, or Sire a vampiric childe. The Koldun also cannot raise or use any Discipline above three dots (with the exception of the Way of Blood level 5 solely for the purpose of resetting this Thin-Blooded state at each dawn). The weakening of the Curse of Caine has compensations, though. Sunlight does lethal damage to the Koldun, instead of aggravated damage as it does to other vampires. The Koldun can hold down mortal food and drink for an hour or so; while other vampires vomit immediately if they try. Strangest of all, once in a while a Koldun might actually have a child the normal, human way. All fertile sexual encounters the Koldun engages on have a 50% chance of resulting in pregnancy for the female mortal (roll a die). If the female mortal is kept under the Blood Bond and as a Ghoul for the remaining of her pregnancy (9 months), the child has a 50% chance of being born a Damphir (roll a die).
A Tzimisce who was born as a woman can benefit from this power with her own advantages and disadvantages. She has 100% chance both of getting pregnant and birthing a Damphir, but she has to keep her blood thin through the whole pregnancy term, spending a Willpower point and a Blood Point at each dawn. If she fails to do so she miscarries. This vitae expenditure is beyond the normal cost of waking each night, but is exempt from the Thin-Blood doubled cost weakness.
A Damphis is a Revenant without Family Disciplines or Family Weakness, although if the mortal parent is from a Revenant Family the Damphir has a 50% chance of inheriting either one or both traits (roll a die separately for the Family Discipline spread and the Family Weakness). The Damphir is born under a Blood Bond with the Koldun.

I kinda like it. This power could also be used as a means of hiding one's true Generation, and thus identity. Useful when hiding from hunters of any sort using anything but mundane methods.

Hadn't thought of that, will add it to the power's description.

Gattison wrote:

What other benefits are there of having a dhampir, as a heartless Tzimisce devil? Beside Revenants, is there something implied about the mutability of Vicissitude as a means of avoiding the body's complete destruction? In other words, is it possible for a Fiend to abandon their own body and use a Dhampir "relative's" body as his new one? All because of super-scary Vicissitude? Or is that reaching?

In the above scenario, would the vampiric Tzimisce blood be able to remain "intact" and stand on it's own, thus ensuring a piece of them always survives, or would that blood be subsumed into whatever human host it ended up in (without being enchanted in some other way beforehand, of course)?

I think there might be a ritual for that, but a Damphir is just a Revenant without family traits. I'll add some rumors to the power's description, though that wouldn't be inside its purview.

Gattison wrote:

Back on-point, this power allows semi-mortality, yes, but are the end results more of a Level 5 Effect than the Level 4 power you chose? Or does it maybe just appear that way to me because mechanics and such remain unadjusted as of yet?

Hummm, I'll think about that, thanks!

Gattison wrote:

So, there's my opinion (yes) and feedback (huh).

Yay! Thanks, man! I can always count on you!
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi
First congratulation a very appropriate idea & a good writting
I like the idea, playing on blood & blood bond is something missing among the tzimices
There is some hints that even the vauldery was twisted by the power over blood bond that the Tzimices possessed. So I feel it's really appropriate

But, as always, I do have a bunch of remark
Level 1 ok
Level 2 is ok for me but as it is only a level 2 it spending the blood and the boosting/healing should happend at the same time and contact should be mandatory (maybe with a latter ritual, there could be exception to that...)
Level 3 is a bit too much so I do agree on the fact that a wp point would make it more acceptable & that would be enough (btw it's already stronger than the path of blood 2 imho)
Level 4 I fell the duration is way too long. For such a feat it should be more of a quick boost. Something like ancient blood letting u considere, for a short time after ingestion, that ur generation is lowered. maybe 10mn/bp after ingestion ? Maybe it would be scarier if the Tzimices could give a special blood pool to be ingested a the right time (as before an assault or when in great need). Here I feel there should be a blood point of the vampire's blood pool "stuck" while it's unused by the thrall

The Level 5 seem a bit too much for me.
There is only one power to my knowledge that is letting birth a human and it's level 8 (Mytherceria)
Having a Human revenant family seem way too powerful and it breaks one of the most important rules: Vampire are static and they cannot create life, they can only twist it. I've never seen anything about any vampire or any Tzimices that hint to the fact they can do it while other can't. Sure they can take a human and twist it to the form of a living carpet, they can trasform a family of Human into revenant (as anyone), but they never created a family out of thin air (not talking about insanly old Tzimices, so it should not be under level 9 (1 level higher than the Mytherceria power) imho)... I would tend to be a bit leery about this.

One more question about the level 5
Does 2 vampire brought back to 15th gen could have a child together ? If u keep the idea of birthing may i suggest there should be at least a warning against birthing the child of 2 vampires (except maybe in a gehena chronicle)...

Maybe u would have to choose between the power to change ur generation and the power to create revenant, giving both is too much imho... Level 5 thaum related powers should not be that good imho
I would see more the revenant process through a ritual level 5/6. Something that could be akin to this:
Devoring a mother to be, saving the child in her belly by putting him in one of his membre and later giving himself birth to the mom's child in an "Alien" process. (remind me of Zeus saving the life of the foetus Dyonisos by implanting it in his leg) That way the Tzimices is not giving birth on his own, but he's twisting already created life (also it seem to me the main theme of Vissicitude.

hope it was helpful
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback people, and sorry for taking so long to come back to you with this.
I’ve taken Agathe’s input to heart and realized that indeed allowing a player to create a Revenant line is maybe overpowered. On the other hand, I wanted to give at least a possible means for a player to do just that. So I removed the power from the Way’s progression and made it a Ritual. Rituals can be as rare or as common as a ST decides, and are not assumed to be automatically accessible as a Path/Way power is. So I think this was a good approach. I’ve still made the Ritual dependent on knowledge of the Way of Blood.
Now the Way of Blood more closely resembles the Path of Blood, which was one of my (unmentioned) goals as well – it is supposed to be simulated by the Path of Blood anyway.
I’ve changed the level 2 to work only through touch, and immediately. It still requires the Koldun’s own vitae to power it, in which is different from the Path of Blood. It also does not cause Frenzy, since the target loses no blood. It still mimics the Sanguinus power in matters of healing, but I’ve felt like giving some of the versatility of the Path of Blood (to be used on Physical boosts, but not to power Disciplines), since it’s so expensive and requires a blood bonded Thrall to work.
I’ve used the same power from the Path of Blood level 3 (which more or less was already present on my original conception of the Way). Any suggestions to make it slightly different are welcomed, but I’m satisfied with it.
I’ve put the former level 3 at level 4, to more closely resemble the Path of Blood. I’ve also made it cost a Willpower point and have a duration determined by successes. I think it is balanced now.
I’m not sure about level 5. It still has the ‘empowering a champion’ thing going on, but I’ve completely abandoned any Sanguinus inspired mechanics for Generation dropping and instead adopted a fake-diablerie system. I thought the Diablerie theme is still very much Tzimisce and apt to the theme of both the Clan and the Way. Still not sure if there should be a greater penalty for the Koldun who lends his generation, though…
The Way of Blood
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:11 pm

Hmm, I will offer you some worthwhile feedback on this as soon as I can, k?
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:59 am

No worries. I've been a bit away as well as I'm up to the neck with overdue deadlines (un-deadlines?).

I did post this on WW's forum, though, and someone (I think Baron Samedi) pointed that there's a level 5 Koldunic Ritual from Players Guide to High Clans that does exactly what my lvl 1 is supposed to do...

Didn't think that power would be considered so high level, but...
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:22 pm

Okay, trying to keep momentum here. lol =)

Is there a way you could dumb it down so that your power is a lvl 1 version of that lvl 5 power? like, would a five minute limit be feasible or something? That doesn't mean you have to re-think the whole idea, does it?
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 11:35 pm

there's actually little +'s and -'s on the right side of the posts that you can hit for +1's and such.

Each +1 increases the person's Willpower, as you can see, Agathe's just went up 1.

...However, I still am not a coherent, sentient being, as my WP is only at 1... thanks guys, lol
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:39 am

^
this. is. so. cute!
*dies*
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:43 am

btw, thanks once again for the feedback.
i'm really busy until the end of the month, but hopefully in september i'll rise from my own ashes.
gattison, weren't we supposed to be finishing the abyss book by now (or possibly october...)?
how's our cronogram?
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 3:54 am

lol, thanks.

Well fine, ce la vie n shit.

And I "wanted" to have the book done by August because I was started classes on the 1st, but... oh well... I can organize shit well, so, multitasking it is!

I was going to start a new thread though to discuss exactly this issue though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost Koldunic Ways Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Koldunic Ways   Lost Koldunic Ways Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Koldunic Ways
Page 1 of 1