Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements

Where RPG fans can share ideas and work together to create the sourcebooks that the companies never will.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Abyss Guide now has a 4-page Character Sheet, and 6 pages of add-ons!

After a temporary hiatus, the Grey Jackal is back in action!

Checklist: The Countdown

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Checklist:
CHAPTER 1

• Paths of Morality for Abyss Mystics, aka "That Darned Path"  (To be brought to the White-Wolf-forum shortly.)
  • "Right and Wrong in the Eyes of the Abyss," (to be reworked by the original author, Agathe)
  • format Abyssal Paths
  • Edit Abyssal Paths
  • Finish ROLEPLAYING TIPS: Road of Night
  • Finish ROLEPLAYING TIPS: "Hot" Path of Night
  • Finish ROLEPLAYING TIPS: "Cold" Path of Night
  • Finish ROLEPLAYING TIPS: Road of the Abyss
  • Finish "Lightless" Path of Night
  • Finish ROLEPLAYING TIPS: "Allied" Path of Night
  • Finish editing Chapter

CHAPTER 2

• Finish Thaumaturgy-to-Abyss Mysticism Ritual conversions  (Completed, with one possible exception)
  • Finish fluff for custom/homebrew Rituals
  • Abyssal Alchemy, another one we just can't seem to decide on =(  EDIT: Abyssal Alchemy needs to be written or fixed, or whatever. Valismedsen, I'm looking in your direction.
  • Edit Chapter

CHAPTER 3 (REMOVED)

• CHAPTER 3 has more problems than just how long/short it is...
  • Format the entire Chapter
  • Edit the entire Chapter

CHAPTER 3 (previously: Chapter 4)

• Adjust the quotes from the Gospel of Laodice to align with the rest of the text in CHAPTER 4.
  • Format Agathe's section on the Astral Plane/Umbra
  • Edit Agathe's section on the Astral Plane/Umbra
  • Wrap up the "Abyss Mysticism in Stories" section
  • Finish fluff for Merits & Flaws
  • Translate Merits & Flaws from Blood Dimmed Tides to something more Abyssal
  • Write-up for Castel D'Ombro? I think Anarch possibly could do this one.
  • Write-up for Dark Monastery? Still waiting on anything from Peter.
  • Write-up for Well of Bones?
  • Write-up for Well of Souls?
  • (Maybe I'm not the guy for the job when it comes to writing fluff for Zadkiel's Well, and Caridad's Garden.  I looked but saw nothing to write about without taking away from the ST's role.  I say forget them, but if anybody else wants to take a shot at them, go for it, I failed.  =(  )  
  • Write Caridad's Garden. I would like to suggest that we put Zadkiel's Well together with the rest about Mexico City in the locations section and then just add something small about Caridad's garden there as well. Seems strange to have many different parts about Mexico City, don't you agree?
  • Write-up for Abyssal Text, "I Nomi di Ombre E Ombre"

CHAPTER 4(previously: Chapter 5)

• Quote for "The Antitribu Keeper"
  • Quote for "The Psychologist"

[*]APPENDIX I

• The NPC "Hargos, The Fading Family Man" in APPENDIX I still needs to be written.
  • Fluff for Moncada to finish off the NPC section. Agathe, your path is clear.
  • Navarre and Saviarre
  • Refine fluff for "Those Suspected" section
  • Fluff for Zarathustra  EDIT: (Anda) Oh and I say we skip writing Zarathustra. I really see nothing that points him to be an mystic or why he even should be suspected as such.
  • Missing info for De Polonia?

APPENDIX II

• Fluff for "The Kraken"
  • Fluff for Friends of the Night + Sample Antagonist
  • Fluff for Lupines, Society of Nidhogg + Sample Antagonist
  • Fluff for Wizards, Nephandi, Euthanatos (?) + Sample Antagonists (this one would be in Agathe's realm of expertise)
  • Fluff for Fey, the Domain of Night + Sample Antagonist
  • Fluff for Ghosts, Specters, Malfeans + Sample Antagonists
  • Fluff for Demons, Earthbound (?) + Sample Antagonists

Last edited by Gattison on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:36 am; edited 23 times in total (Reason for editing : Chapter 4, Appendixes 1, 2; Chapters 3, 4; Chapter 4; Chapter 1, Appendix 1; Chapter 2, 4, Appendix 1; Chapter 2 (Abyssal Alchemy!), Deleted Chapter 3; Chapter 1, Appendix 2; Chapter 2; Chapter 4; Chapter 1, 3, Appendix 2)
Back to top Go down
http://gattison13.deviantart.com/

AuthorMessage
Anda

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 8:20 am

Alright so it's about time to update the checklist a little bit. I might miss something ofc.

• Abyssal Alchemy needs to be written or fixed, or whatever. Valismedsen, I'm looking in your direction.
  • Write Castel D'Ombro. I think Anarch possibly could do this one.
  • Write the Dark Monastery. Still waiting on anything from Peter.
  • Write Caridad's Garden. I would like to suggest that we put Zadkiel's Well together with the rest about Mexico City in the locations section and then just add something small about Caridad's garden there as well. Seems strange to have many different parts about Mexico City, don't you agree?
  • Write Moncada to finish off the NPC section. Agathe, your path is clear. Oh and I say we skip writing Zarathustra. I really see nothing that points him to be an mystic or why he even should be suspected as such.
  • Get artwork approval. Oh and if we don't get a approval from the cover art piece then Joshua needs to make a new front cover for the book.
  • All the stuff that I might've missed.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:11 am

Added the above to the checklist in 1st post. thanks again Anda

EDIT: I want to ask for all the references to Zarathustra you know, so I could start reading, because I think I have an angle that could work for him, such as putting him in a side-bar, but I think just because of his name he deserves an honorable mention, even if it's just to say "no, he isn't, and he likes/dislikes when coteries go to him seeking Abyssal knowledge just because of his name."

I want to ask this, but I want to write one of the things I've been putting off before I do, just to prove I'm still in the game.

So....
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:17 am

Gattison wrote:

EDIT: I want to ask for all the references to Zarathustra you know, so I could start reading, because I think I have an angle that could work for him, such as putting him in a side-bar, but I think just because of his name he deserves an honorable mention, even if it's just to say "no, he isn't, and he likes/dislikes when coteries go to him seeking Abyssal knowledge just because of his name."

Ah I see where you are going with this, fair enough - could be cool! Smile
I don't think I have all the references for the guy since I never really looked into him, but I do remember that Chapter 9 in Dark Ages: Europe talks about him on a few occasions.
Fatimah al-Lam'a's write up on pg 105 in Cairo by Night just mentions him in a passing, but she obviously works (or atleast worked) as a connection to him if that's something you wanna work with.
Clanbook Lasombra Revised ofc has a good write up on him on page 97.
Player's Guide to the High Clans writes a little something about him on page 74.
I browsed through Veil of Night but I couldn't find anything really, dunno if I perhaps missed it though since I was only "scanning".

Best of luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:09 pm

thanks.

so, as for Zadkiel's well and Caridad's Garden, I can slap them into a side-bar near the Mexico City section and we can see how it looks. Unfortunately, it may not be in the next release, because I'm actually in the middle of it, and with the page numbers installed, it's getting confusing. =| heh, I'll change it in the original file though, so I won't forget though.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Okay, I emailed Tommy/Agathe and Peter/urbanfractal. Bruno/vali has already seen his "reactivation papers" in the Poll thread.

Well... nobody has volunteered to do anything besides Enthuselah and MattAvery, who offered to Edit. I guess I'll go email them, too.

EDIT: OK, emailed them, too.

That should be it unless I'm forgetting somebody, but I don't think I am.
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:41 pm

okay, some feedback:

- perhaps the content starting on page 13 should go to the beginning of the second chapter? since we've been talking about changing content around...
- i guess some introductory text explaining why the paths are divided into dogmatic,dark and abyssal moralities is needed for those sections.
- couldn't the illustration on p 33 go into page 32? or is that a placeholder?
- abyssal alchemy: the rituals on p 62 related to higher awareness and discipline infusions should go away. I see now they don't share the same themes of abyss mysticism elaborated on the rest of the book. I think poisons still deserve a chance, and I'll try to work on a version more in tune with the other rituals. There's already a better thought-out version of the idea I was going into with obtenebration infusions, so they should go away as well.
- we already discussed taking alternate rules from the book. I'm for it.
- the illustration of page 82 is gorgeous!
- very minor detail> please change Dublin for Edinburgh on the end of the first paragraph of pg 148, about the location of the remains of Byrsa's cult.
- copydesking: Cordélia is spelled with an acute accent in her write-up, but not on her section's title. I know these don't make any difference in English, but it seems odd. It won't be much trouble to write her name as Cordélia in the title as well. on p 180 Monçada is spelled MonÇada throughout all the text about the Leviathan.

Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:37 pm

1. to be clear, do you mean page 13 according to the book, or according to the PDF viewer? In other words

EDIT: keep reading, I think I figured it out
this:
or
that?:
and after you clear that up, how much are you suggesting to move in each case?

2. If nobody else feels like writing the intro paragraph for the Moralities Sections, then I will end up doing that.

3. (aka 1.2) Well, first of all, from this question I can now actually infer that [in Suggestion 1] you meant the "stats" section in Chapter 1, not the beginning of the Introduction. Well, I had thought of that, but I didn't want to clutter up the "Rituals Section" with extraneous stuff. In fact, perhaps now we should also consider moving the content on pages 35 and 36 to just before the content on page 13? That would accomplish the goal of keeping all the character-stats/traits stuff in one section, and also remove the non-Ritual stuff from the Rituals-Chapter. Is that a decent compromise?

3. (for real) The picture is a place holder, because each chapter needs to be an uneven number of pages in order to remain printer & physical-copy friendly. The final product of the book will not have gaps like that anywhere. =)

4. Honestly, I don't know what to think of that, it's been so long. lol But, wasn't Abyssal Alchemy going to bend the status-quo, just a little, by applying basic scientific concepts (if not principles), to Abyssal interaction, creating the versatility that could do alchemical things, but also lead to Abyssal Gardening--which would actually be a sub-form of Abyssal Alchemy, wouldn't it? (Also, consider this, now, with the "fanon" of the Black Monastery text claiming an Abyssal Garden as well, that gives us three Abyssal Gardens. Idk, just interesting factoid, imho)

5. Ugh. It's tough, but I'm going to have to finally... agree... I think. I went through it again, and... I think it'll be for the best. At least for now. I think I'll make a facebook announcement so anybody who cares can speak up.

6. Glad you like it.

7. As you command. =)

8. Cordelia has been fixed, the Moncada-mistake in the Leviathan text was awkward, but should be fixed now, as well.

that should cover it
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:30 pm

I guess you figured I was referencing the book not the pdf-reader pages. Sorry for not making myself clear.

I'm good with the solution you offer regarding item 3.

I'm cooking something about Abyssal Alchemy in my head. I'll take into account your input about abyssal gardens, how they are perhaps correlated, but those are already covered by your own ritual.

Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 2:50 am

check out my revision of abyssal alchemy on its own thread herehttps://greyjackal.forumotion.com/t19-abyssal-alchemy#654
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Okay, updates made to Checklist, thanks valis
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:07 pm

hey, how did you get a direct link right to the exact post? I've been trying to figure that out in this forum and thought it wasn't possible.
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:13 pm

when I opened the page to copy the link I clicked on my most recent post, at the link that appears informing us that there's an unread post.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 6:39 pm

hmm... interesting. ty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checklist: The Countdown   Checklist: The Countdown - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Checklist: The Countdown
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2