Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Jackal Fan-Supplements

Where RPG fans can share ideas and work together to create the sourcebooks that the companies never will.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Abyss Guide now has a 4-page Character Sheet, and 6 pages of add-ons!

After a temporary hiatus, the Grey Jackal is back in action!

CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Empty
PostSubject: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Here are the contents of the first Chapter, for your approval.

Dark Thoughts
Excerpt taken from the writings of the Carthaginian True Brujah Elder Byrsa, the Time Addict, aka the Ventrue Archon Elissa, aka the Abyss Mystic Lasombra Antitribu Abscissa, aka the Sabbat Inquisitor Sister Agatha, aka the Necronomist Purple Virgin.
(written by "valismedsen")

Clan Lasombra
Lasombra Clan Faction: The Abyss' Children

Noteworthy Traits
Abilities: Expert Knowledge: Shadow Occultism
Specialties: Occult (Abyss)
Backgrounds: Occult Library

Obtenebration
Standard Applications of the Shadow Discipline
Advanced Applications of the Shadow Discipline
Combination-Discipline Techniques
Unique (Custom) Combination-Discipline Techniques

Dark Paths of Enlightenment
The Paths of Night
- Hot
- Cold
- Allied
- Lightless
- Righteous
The Road of the Abyss (Via Abyssi)

(Also, there is a final, possible, section for mortals connected to Abyss Mysticism)

The reason I post this is because I have a question:

Does anybody think we should add the Arcane Background to this chapter? I do.

For those who don't know, Arcane is sort of like a mystical, but natural form of Obfuscate. Afaik, mostly Mages have it, but it appears in other places, and what it does is allow them to be more easily forgotten, overlooked, etc. so that they don't get caught when they do any of their mysterious Mage stuff. (If anybody has ever read the comic book Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, "Nny" has an Arcane of 5 or 6 or higher).

I think Arcane could be a trait Abyss-tics pick up when they dig too deep into the Abyss, because it could "enshadow" a person's entire being, making them "shadows" in the minds of others and thus harder to notice... On the other hand, maybe we could think of a negative version of this trait? When a mystic gets too influenced/tainted by the Abyss, then their Arcane could actually become a problem for them, where their own associates have a hard time remembering them, or even seeing them. (Imagine that, you're a mystic and then all of a sudden everyone just starts ignoring you until you do something stupid....)

Also, anybody have any other suggestions? I'd eventually like to fold this topic (Darkness penalty, Blind Fighting & Perception Related Powers) into this Chapter, but maybe that would go better in Chapter 4, Storytelling? What do you all think?
Back to top Go down
http://gattison13.deviantart.com/
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Quote :
Does anybody think we should add the Arcane Background to this chapter? I do.

Me too, however in the storyteller handbook they mention that Arcane was not working with vampire of generation 8 or lower, since older vampire were too obvious to go unnoticed... And Byrsa is not satisfying this... So should we ignore this ?

One of the Boon associated with repeated travel through the Nihil is the augmentation of the Arcane backgroud

The negative version of the Arcane background is called "Uncanny" and is in the mage book: Guide to the Tradition p.227
I also like the idea of this background

For the Topic (Darkness penalty, Blind Fighting & Perception Related Powers) you should put the blind fighting skill here and the rest of the topic in storytelling
if you put a mention "see also p.XX", I'll make a overtext link on the pdf (I can do that, so just try to remembrer where these links are)
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:16 am

Oh yeah, the Arcane background. Can I get a list of references for Arcane? What is considered the most up-to-date version?

I did add Expert Skill: Blind Fighting to the Abilities section though.

The reason I post is actually because of this: I posted on the WW forum.

Where are we on Anda's Combination Discipline, "Black Gas?"
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:41 am

Aside from information on V20, it's worth mentioning that Arcane became a merit in Dark Ages Vampire (I think it appears on Players Guide to Low and High Clans).
Personally, I think that's a better way of handling it than as a background.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 3:29 am

Well, if a line of Vampire games has it as a Merit instead of a background, then that must be more appropriate for the setting of the game, so that's the way it is then.

I added Arcane to Chapter 4: Storytelling as a Merit, according to Guide to High Clans.

What do you mean by "aside from information on V20?"
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Is there something about Arcane on V20?

I couldn't remember and didn't check, but I guessed I had to mention it.

= P
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:40 pm

there was nothing in there that I saw, unless that one flaw was in a different section of the book, =)
Back to top Go down
valismedsen

valismedsen

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Hehehe, so, forget I mentioned it. Wink
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:07 am

Do I understand it correctly when I say that all that's left for this chapter is a section about abyss mysticism among mortals?
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:44 am

nope. The paths of Morality need a lot of work, too. =(
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 6:15 am

Alright, well Imma give the mortals a shot and see what I come up with
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:56 am

Every
now and then it so happens that humanity learns something it wasn't supposed
to. The majority of times they report it in to their authorities, media or even
governments, where it can be controlled and retaken by the sneaky vampires. Not
so very often though, they keep the knowledge, hide it far away and learn from
it. Orders arise to protect the knowledge and even just to get a glimpse of it,
one must spend years of years proving himself to the guardians. So secret is
the knowledge that only a chosen one may fully learn it and with this wisdom he
can decide how much the rest would be worthy to learn. A solid brick pyramid
has been built around the knowledge and not only is it bulletproof, most of the
vampires don't even know it's there.
Like many other secret societies seen from the outside, The Achromatic Lodge of Night comes off as a social club for rich
gentlemen who likes to small talk and smoke cigars. For many of the members who
walks the lower floors of the pyramid, this is in fact true and they know
little about the occult practices going on under the same roof. The more
advanced members know better though and for them, many times the order has
become an obsession where they will do anything to know more.
T.A.L.O.N. has its roots in Germany but
its power and numbers lies in the major cities of South America. Its leader; Supreme
Grand Master Milton Schmidt, an Argentinean with German descent, is the
grandchild of the founder Gerald Schmidt - a former SS-officer who discovered a
lair full of hidden occult books during the World War II. The books that became
the order's guidelines had in fact belonged to an Abyss Mystic from clan
Lasombra and they were detailed enough to bless the mortal reader with a
greater understanding of the darkness and its powers. Milton Schmidt claims
that he still communicates with both his father and his grandfather, whom he
says now exists in the abyssal realm as supreme higher beings that cannot die.
The order's sacred rites is a mix between catholic traditions, pagan darkness
worshipping and just sick and twisted sacrificial ceremonies. The members
purposes varies depending on how high ranked they are. The lower ranked members
knows little of the occult elements and mostly uses the order to exchange
favors and live out some sick fantasies through the bloody rituals. The higher
ranked members on the other hand don't care much for the earthly superficial
agendas anymore and are often obsessed with trying to reach the metamorphosis
that the previous leaders has reached. They know that nothing is forever and
that the world will one day return to the darkness that once were before all of
creation. If they can understand the Abyss and learn to control it, they may
like Gerald Schmidt be able to conquer death and rule the darkness.
Within T.A.L.O.N. there exist a
fraction of field agents, referred to humorously as the Nights Templar whose
job is to track down and collect more abyssal lore for the order. These young
men isn't often interested in the lore itself but are more vampire hunter
material who enjoys a big salary from the top dogs of the order.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following text might just go under the text above or it could go in as a grey sidebar (up to you)

|
V
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing is completely immune to the disease known as cainites, not even T.A.L.O.N.
Even though the structure of the order would suggest it's impossible to
infiltrate, one should never underestimate the patience of the undead. Unique
as he is, one cainite has not only managed to hide within the order but has
also climbed to the local position of Grand Master in La Paz with only the
Supreme Grand Master Milton Schmidt above him. Being himself an Abyss Mystic, the
cainite spy is studying the humans approach to the dark powers and trying to understand
how mere mortals manage to perform similar task to those that usually would
demand the blood of Caine. Not being able to solve that riddle makes him a
little threat to the order. He knows that if more vampires becomes aware of T.A.L.O.N.
it might endanger the order and he may never get the answers he seek from his
Supreme Grand Master. Milton Schmidt has the cainite eating from his hand but
neither the cainite or the mortal is aware of it.

Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:49 am

Again, sorry for not getting back to you on this one sooner. It isn't my intention to ignore you at all of course. =)

As for the text...

I like it, it's kinda cool, has some good elements to it, but, I think it actually would fit better in the Bestiary/Antagonists section. I think something less specific and more vague should be mentioned about mortals who are aware of the Abyss in general, and then this could be an example of that.

However, I think because you wrote this, now, in this Chapter we could simply just write a couple paragraphs or maybe three, and then have a tiny little side-bar that says "see Appendix II for more information." Then they could refer to the Antagonists section and get more info there.

Actually, another cool Idea would be to expand on Agathe's idea about the Antagonists section in general. Put TALON under Antagonists as Mortals, then put your text, and then have "quick-stats" for Milton Shmidt, plus a "generic" member of TALON, plus maybe even quick-stats on the Cainite infiltrator (or perhaps a mini-write-up in Appendix I, like the Casuli and Pedro Perez?

Now, I have some questions or comments:

Out of curiosity, why did you pick Germany? Because of the occult connection with the Nazis? If so, then that's actually a pretty good idea. It is known that they experimented with all types of crazy stuff.

Also, Why did you choose South America? (If you chose South Am. in order to establish a vague connection to your "Lake of Shadows" idea, then you get bonus points, heh. It would be cool if the survivors of the Lake of Shadows debacle ended up joining TALON and swelling its ranks... OOOH! I just remembered! I've heard and read about conspiracy theories that Hitler didn't really die but escaped to South America or the Caribbean.... that's possibly another link to use.)

Also, what about coming up with a name for the (supposedly deceased) Lasombra mystic that originally owned TALON's material? I like how you left the Cainite infiltrator nameless, so the ST has all the leeway in the world there, but do you think it would be cool to pick or create a name for the other or would that not really affect much, d'you think?

Finally, I like the side-bar you added at the end, and I like how you seperated it so the ST could ignore it or not as they like. I especially like the relationship between Supreme Grandmaster Schmidt Milton and the Cainite, and how "Schmidt has the cainite eating from his hand but neither the cainite or the mortal is aware of it." That's an excellent situation that could blow out of control in so many ways, but defining that kind of precarious relationship or situation sounds difficult, so how about a few suggestions, and we don't really promote any one of the other?

So, let me know what you think about that?
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:43 pm

Quote :

I think it actually would fit better in the Bestiary/Antagonists section...

Sure, I see your point! Smile

Quote :

However, I think because you wrote this, now, in this Chapter we
could simply just write a couple paragraphs or maybe three, and then
have a tiny little side-bar that says "see Appendix II for more
information." Then they could refer to the Antagonists section and get
more info there.

Up to you, I don't mind either way. But I understand why you wanna but them as Antagonists.

Quote :

...have "quick-stats" for Milton
Shmidt, plus a "generic" member of TALON, plus maybe even quick-stats on
the Cainite infiltrator (or perhaps a mini-write-up in Appendix I, like
the Casuli and Pedro Perez?

Sure, doesn't sound bad to me, I'll see what I can do. Smile

Quote :

Out of curiosity, why did you pick Germany? Because of the occult
connection with the Nazis? If so, then that's actually a pretty good
idea. It is known that they experimented with all types of crazy stuff.

Yes that was one of the reasons, another was that I could easily see how cainites had to abandon their havens very quickly in war and especially in nazi germany with their SS-raids. I also thought that if I put it there I didn't have to explain what happened to the vampire since during that time in that place so much things could've happened to him and it wouldn't be weird if they stumbled upon a deserted haven.

Quote :

Also, Why did you choose South America? (If you chose South Am. in
order to establish a vague connection to your "Lake of Shadows" idea,
then you get bonus points, heh. It would be cool if the survivors of
the Lake of Shadows debacle ended up joining TALON and swelling its
ranks... OOOH! I just remembered! I've heard and read about
conspiracy theories that Hitler didn't really die but escaped to South
America or the Caribbean.... that's possibly another link to use.)

No bonus points I'm afraid. I simply chose Argentine cuz that's where most SS-soldiers fled to hide with the help of ODESSA, so it seemed logical. I also wanted to have the organization in South America mainly cuz a chronicle involving Abyss Mysticism would most likely be a Sabbat-chronicle. And since most Sabbat are in South America it seemed like the right place to put it. Besides, secret societies in America and Europe has already been milked by WW. Smile But yeah, I guess I am opening up possibilities for ST to connect this to The Lake of Shadows, but it wasn't intentional. cheers

Quote :

Also, what about coming up with a name for the (supposedly deceased)
Lasombra mystic that originally owned TALON's material? I like how you
left the Cainite infiltrator nameless, so the ST has all the leeway in
the world there, but do you think it would be cool to pick or create a
name for the other or would that not really affect much, d'you think?

I see no point in this since no one in TALON would know who he is, they found the lair abandoned. He is most likely dead. I also wanna keep him a bit of a mystery. But if you really want a name on him, I'll do it. Razz Let me know...

Quote :

Finally, I like the side-bar you added at the end, and I like how you
seperated it so the ST could ignore it or not as they like. I
especially like the relationship between Supreme Grandmaster Schmidt
Milton and the Cainite, and how "Schmidt has the cainite eating from his
hand but neither the cainite or the mortal is aware of it." That's an
excellent situation that could blow out of control in so many ways, but
defining that kind of precarious relationship or situation sounds
difficult, so how about a few suggestions, and we don't really promote
any one of the other?

Well I'll tell you the reason why i chose to do so. First I wrote the original text, then I realized that in my character-template; Daddy's little Girl, I speak about a Abyss connected Secret Society, but in there it is a vampire who is the Grand Master. That's why I made the side bar text so it would make sense.
Thank you for your kind words and that you like the idea. Smile Means a lot!
Well, we could write some options I guess - but I can't come up with any, hehe. The reason why I wrote what I wrote is to show why the Abyss Mystic ain't trying to kill Milton Schmidt or bring down TALON. To show that if he does that, he will probably never find the answers he seeks, or gain the understanding he craves so badly. I don't know, do you feel I should be clearer on this point? The point is that the Abyss Mystic aint a threat to TALON and it's almost more like he's a a member more than a infiltrator.
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:30 am

I didn't expected the concept but it makes a lot of sens. Great work!

_The link between South America and & the Nazi was a good idea to explore.
_You gave a tension for the ST, that's also a good point.

Quote :
The point is that the Abyss Mystic aint a threat to TALON and it's almost more like he's a a member more than a infiltrator.

I think it's quite clear, don't worry. But it seem also to me that as soon as the vampire get his answers (if ever) he might bring down TALON or take full control of it as his tool.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:57 am

Agathe De Lannuie wrote:
I think it's quite clear, don't worry. But it
seem also to me that as soon as the vampire get his answers (if ever) he
might bring down TALON or take full control of it as his tool.

Probably Smile But with Milton as the only person more knowledgable, one can probably assume that it wont happen during Miltons lifetime, if ever.

Thanks for your kind words by the way Very Happy Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Antagonists Bestiary Supplemental Section   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:37 am

So what I did was I went ahead and put TALON in the Antagonists section, like so:

tell me what you think, please.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:43 am

I like it! I like it alot! Great job Josh! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Agathe De Lannuie

Agathe De Lannuie

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 10:14 am

Cool Gattison that's great !
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Just realized my last post should have been in the Appendix II thread, but oh well.

So I've also been thinking about the Abyssal Moralities section and wondering if we should return to the forums for this one? Maybe start a new thread (and bump the old one) that specifically discusses the alternate Paths of Night as well as the Road of the Abyss and any related Moralities? I think that could be very helpful, here.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Found a page with some Combo Disciplines I have never heard of or seen before while trying to search for info on the Abyssal (or maybe just plain oceanic) Kraken.

Does anybody know if these are canon or fanmade?
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:33 pm

I think turning to the forums aint a bad idea, right now our team is very unproductive for various reasons. Me personally have been sick for over a month but am getting better and will hopefully soon be back at the writing desk. It's a hard topic and personally I wouldn't be able to contribute much to it, it would be awesome to get others perspective on things. I say, do whatever you need to see this book finished. Smile

As for the combo disciplines, haven't seen em before. I would guess that they're fanmade. I kinda liked Command of Darkness and the III wind. But if they aint canon I wouldn't bother borrowing them.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 9:17 pm

Saw that we needed a little story to provide an example of Blindfighting in this Chapter and started writing, and here's what I came up with. Not sure that I nailed it or not... you be the judge.

The former slave-trader reached out, but this time his hand struck something. Rock and packed dirt, it felt like, but wet, of course. He growled in pain but it turned into a scream muffled by clenched teeth—the hunger! The hunger he felt, the pain that it caused him, was unbelievable, he had no idea such a thing could hurt so much. He caught that scent in his nostrils again but it made him retch the last of what he had left in his stomach. He waded through it. In this complete darkness, the disgusting smelling, revolting mess of slop, and stickiness that he had awoken in had to already have much worse in it—he put the thought out of his mind though as he continued his crawl through the gnarled and obviously decayed bodies of those who been trapped here before him—and not made it out alive, obviously.
He realized he could hear sounds in the darkness, others in here with him, but the next moment he realized what those sounds were—scream and moaning wails of pain and hopelessness. They too had realized the situation they were in, apparently. He could hear slopping splash sounds, as if more and more people were continuously falling into this pit of gore with him—he did not yet realize they were instead the sounds of those who were making feeble attempts to climb the walls of this pit. He put the thought out of his mind again though as the pain in his stomach returned, doubling him over. Waist-deep in filth and decay, bending over like that almost submerged him in the thick pool of whole and partial corpses. He opened his mouth reflexively to retch again and instead got a mouthful of whatever it was he was immersed in. He threw out his hands as if to push his head up out of the gore, but—didn't. Instead, he found himself drinking, even eating it in. He couldn't help himself—he wanted to throw it all up, he could feel the pieces of flesh and rotting meat, taste every bit of it, but he couldn't make himself stop, and he realized that it was making the hunger go away, he found that he didn't want to.
Others in the pit with him brushed past him, bumped into him, even fell on top of him after another failed attempt to scale the side of the pit to freedom and life—or whatever form of life they would have after this. The one that was once a trafficker in human lives finished feeding—the first, death-stained meal of the rest of his unlife—and then he began to attempt the climb himself. They climbed across his back to reattempt it when they fell, when he climbed above the rest they grabbed onto him to pull themselves up, or tried to pull him down out of jealousy and spite. He shook them all off and then returned their “kindness” by doing the same to them. They tried to avoid him but he had fed, he was stronger and faster than those who refused to accept the need, of those who thought only of fleeing. Full of blood and rot and determination, he did not moan and wail like his peers, instead moving stealthily near those who announced themselves with their wordless horror and clawing his way over them before they could claw they way over him.
Back to top Go down
Anda

Anda

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:37 am

THis is really cool! Is this one of those Baali pits? Smile It made me think of that atleast! My only suggestion is that you add some more fighting to the text, maybe cut it down a bit to add some more fighting, as if he is fighting his way to the walls to climb up or something. Cuz as it is now, it's more crawling, climbing and dodging.
Back to top Go down
Gattison
Admin
Gattison

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Alright, once again good advice, so obvious really i felt kind of stupid, lol so thanks. =)

Here is draft 2, now with more fighting!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration   CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 1 - Abyssal Sorcery: The Path of Obtenebration
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next